The New York Hall of Science (NYSCI) hosted its annual fundraiser and Gala – Evening of Science and Inspiration – on October 25 at Gotham Hall in Manhattan.
Queens Public Television has announced that four local programs have received top honors from the Alliance for Community Media’s Northeast Region Video Festival. “Multicultural Guitar” won a first place award for Music and Performance Programming. “Flushing Town Hall-NOEL; A Night Of Everlasting Love; The Story of Christmas in Concert” took second in the Science, Health and Spirituality category. “QUEENS UPDATE: A Live Town Hall Meeting – First Amendment Under Fire” landed at number three in the Community Impact Programming category and “QPTV Presents: Ask Your Nurse Practitioner: Summer Health” also took third place in the General Talk Show category.
The Auxiliary of Queens Hospital Center (QHC) celebrated its 75th anniversary gala – 75 years of providing quality health care in Queens – hosted by Bill McCreary and featuring a special performance by Deborah Cox. This year’s honorees were Lindella Artman, RN, Nursing Supervisor, QHC; Gergory Floyd, President, Local 237 Teamsters; Premprakash Rao, Pharmacy Supervisor, QHC; Ada Deberry, President, QHC Auxiliary; Jasmin Moshirpur, M.D., Dean/Medical Director, QHN; and Victoria Schneps-Yunis, Publisher and CEO, Schneps Communications.
Judge Heymann is the proud father of two children: Briana Ashley, who just passed the New York State Bar Exam and was recently appointed by Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown as a new Assistant District Attorney, and Matthew Seth, a recent graduate of The George Washington University School of Business. Matthew plans on attending law school next fall. Their mother is Queens Supreme Court Justice Darrell L. Gavrin.
The New York Lottery today announced the names of area Lottery players who claimed a winning ticket from one of the Lottery’s live drawings between October 23 and October 29. The following winners each received a cash prize valued at $10,000 or more.
• Andrew Jusino of Glendale won $69,676 on the Take Five drawing of October 19. Jusino’s winning ticket was purchased at the Eastend Grocery & Lotto at 1662 1st Avenue in New York.
• Guolong Hu of Whitestone won $10,000 on the Powerball drawing of September 28. Hu’s winning ticket was purchased at the W & N Grocery at 6901 8th Avenue in Brooklyn.
• Ya Dai of Flushing won $10,000 on the Powerball drawing of October 12. Dai’s winning ticket was purchased at the Cigar Palace at 1929 Ave U in Brooklyn.
• Mohamed Assim of South Ozone Park won $10,000 on the Mega Millions drawing of October 25. Assim’s winning ticket was purchased at the Mona Newsstand at 111-01 Lefferts Boulevard in South Ozone Park.
• Nwabueze Ajanwachuku of Rego Park won $10,000 on the Powerball drawing of October 19. Ajanwachuku’s winning ticket was purchased at the Adam’s Bagel & Deli at 63-56 Woodhaven Boulevard in Rego Park.
• Yosef Pattiasina of Woodside won $10,000 on the Mega Money Multiplier instant game. Pattiasina’s winning ticket was purchased at the Corona Liquor at 93-30 Corona Avenue in Elmhurst.
• John Deal of Astoria won $25,000 on the Magic 8 Ball instant game. Deal’s winning ticket was purchased at the S A R News & Grocery at 31-03 21st Avenue in Astoria.