This weekend marks the unofficial start of summer, but forecasted storms may preclude much fun in the sun.
Despite the forecasts, Memorial Day parades will be marching through the streets of Queens.
Sunday, May 27
• The Forest Hills Memorial Day Parade begins at noon at Metropolitan and Ascan avenues.
• The College Point Citizens for Memorial Day Parade begins at 2 p.m. at 28th Avenue and College Point Boulevard.
• The Maspeth Memorial Day Parade kicks off at 1 p.m. at Grand Avenue and 72nd Street.
Monday, May 28
• The Laurelton Memorial Day Parade commences at 9 a.m. at Francis Lewis and Merrick boulevards.
• The Glendale and Ridgewood Veterans Memorial Day Parade starts at 11 a.m. at Myrtle and Cyprus avenues.
• The Howard Beach Memorial Day Parade will start at 11 a.m. at Coleman Square.
• The Woodside Memorial Day Parade commences at 11 a.m. at 39-46 61st Street, St. Sebastian’s Roman Catholic Church.
• The Rockaways-Queens American Legion Memorial Day Parade begins at 11:30 a.m. at Beach 129th Street.
• The Whitestone Veterans Memorial Day Association Parade begins at noon at the field on 149th Street and 15th Road.
• The Little Neck/Douglaston Memorial Day Parade kicks off at 2 p.m. at Jayson Street in Great Neck.