Starting Monday, July 21, there will be service disruptions on the E, F, M and R lines between the hours of 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. in Queens and Manhattan for four consecutive weeknights, as part of the MTA’s Fastrack maintenance program:
- E service will be suspended between Roosevelt Avenue and World Trade Center.
- F service will be suspended between Roosevelt Avenue and 21 Street-Queensbridge.
- M service will end early between 71 Avenue and Essex Street each night.
- R service will end early between 71 Avenue and Whitehall Street each night.
- Take the 7 between Manhattan and 74 St-Roosevelt Avenue or Queensboro Plaza.
- Take the N between Manhattan and Queensboro Plaza.
- In Manhattan, transfer at 5 Avenue/42 Street-Bryant Park 7/D/F, Times Square-42 Street/Port Authority 7/A, and 34 Street-Herald Square D/F/N.
- Take the R between Queens Plaza and 71 Avenue. When R service ends, E trains run local between Queens Plaza and 71 Avenue until 10 p.m. After 10 PM, take the E Local between Roosevelt Avenue and 71 Avenue.
- In Manhattan along 8th Avenue, take the A Local or C instead of the E.
- Along 53 Street, use the D or nearby 6 and N stations instead.
- Free shuttle buses run local between Queensboro Plaza and 74 Street-Roosevelt Avenue making station stops at Queens Plaza, 36 Street, Steinway Street, 46 Street, Northern Boulevard, and 65 Street.
- In Queens, transfer between shuttle buses and trains at 74 Street-Roosevelt Avenue 7/E/F or Queensboro Plaza 7/N.
- Community opposes newly approved homeless shelter at East Elmhurst motel
- Woodhaven apartment building sold above asking price
- Influx of hipsters revives 90-year-old Ridgewood German bar