Southern Queens will again enjoy a little night music with a special classical concert series slated to begin next month.
Councilman Eric A. Ulrich has teamed up with Queens Symphony Orchestra to present QSO’s 2016 Concert Series. The series, funded by Councilman Ulrich, will consist of five free concerts in neighborhoods throughout the borough.
Ulrich’s partnership with Queens Symphony Orchestra began last year with a successful concert series. Residents throughout the borough enjoyed varying genres of music at local venues.
“Queens Symphony is world-class and these concerts will be a great opportunity for residents to experience music spanning various genres right down the block from their homes,” Councilman Ulrich said.
The series begins on Feb. 23, with monthly dates running through June 22. Dates, locations and musical themes are as follows:
- Feb.23, Sacred Music at All Saints Episcopal Church (85-45 96th St., Woodhaven, NY 11421)
- March 10, Sinatra Style at St. Helen’s Fr. Dooley Hall (83-09 157th Ave., Howard Beach, NY 11414)
- April 4, Jazz Ensemble at West End Temple (147-02 Newport Ave., Neponsit, NY 11694)
- May 11, Military Tribute at American Legion Post 1404 (209 Crossbay Blvd., Broad Channel, NY 11693)
- June 22, Broadway Showtunes at West Hamilton Beach Fire Department (102-33 Davenport Ct., Hamilton Beach, NY 11414)
Each concert begins at 7 p.m. For more information or to RSVP for a concert, call 718-738-1083.