If you were ever indecisive about where to go on a first date, you have nothing to worry about now. QNS is pleased to ease your nerves by picking these top 20 places in Queens for a perfect date night. We have selected a range of activities for you and your special someone to enjoy, including walks in the park or at the pier, romantic dinners, carousels and lots of ice cream. Not to mention, fun and energetic bars where you can sip on a variety of refreshing drinks and dance!
Here are five favorites:
1. Start off calm and collected at Tru Lounge
The formula for a successful first date is a soothing ambiance, beautiful scenery and scrumptious food. Tru Lounge in Astoria is the essential restaurant and lounge to strike up some engaging conversation over refreshing drinks and more.
2. Satisfy your sweet tooth at Eddie’s Sweet Shop
If you have a sweet tooth after that delightful dinner, get your sugar rush at Eddie’s Sweet Shop in Forest Hills. This vintage ice cream shop will impress your date with gigantic sundaes with homemade ice cream of all different toppings and flavors.
3. Gaze at these splendid views of Manhattan at Long Island City Piers
What’s a better way to continue an exciting date while strolling down the Long Island City Piers? Especially on a summer night, you and your special someone can soak up the most captivating views that LIC has to offer while catching a nice breeze.
4. Merry-go-round at Forest Park Carousel
Are you and your date in a playful mood? Revisit your childhood at the historical Forest Park Carousel in Flushing, which has been around since 1903. You can still be a kid at heart by riding the fun carousel together.
5. Set a smooth tempo at Tempo Libero Bar
Slow down the date’s tempo by ending your night with some cool refreshments at an all-embracing gay bar in Jackson Heights. Relax and unwind as you learn more about your potential lover over a couple great drinks and music. You’ll surely enjoy the karaoke nights and a few uptempo beats to dance to.
The rest of the best:
6. Try authentic Mexican cuisine at Maizal
Here’s an Astoria spot that oozes with the aroma of Mexican cuisine and quality tequila.
7. Have a taste of Italy at Barosa
Enjoy a taste of Barosa’s Authentic Italian dishes, brick-oven pizza and beautiful scenery in Rego Park.
8. Appreciate nature’s beauty at Queens Botanical Garden
Searching for summer love? Enjoy the great outdoors with your date at this Flushing gem.
9. Keep those cocktails coming at Dutch Kills
Keep things casual with a couple cocktails at this tavern bar in Long Island City.
10. Impress your date at this luxurious Pa-Nash Restaurant and Lounge
Visit this elegant Eurosoul spot in Rosedale, where a fusion of Mediterranean, Caribbean and Soul Food dishes is served.
11. Chill by the water at Bayview Grille and Marina
At this nautical-themed restaurant in the Rockaways, diners can enjoy a bar and two dining rooms or a waterfront view from Bayview’s spacious dock.
12. Turn and twist to Latin rhythms at Sol Bar & Grill
You and your date will appreciate Sol, a brand-spanking-new Latin-themed bar and grill in Bayside.
13. Adore this glimpse of the city at Gantry Plaza State Park
The midtown Manhattan skyline is such a romantic sight, in addition to Gantry’s mist fountain and lovely gardens.
14. Nibble on some sushi at Casa Asia
Prefer the simple things in life? Visit this serene setting in Whitestone, where you can taste sushi and more.
15. Slice a sizzling steak at La Fusta Restaurant
Enjoy the intimacy of this Argentinian steakhouse in Elmhurst.
16. Taste traditional Italian at Bartolino’s Fine Italian Cuisine
Alongside its classic Italian ambiance, diners will love Bartolino’s authentic cuisine and traditional dishes.
17. Exhibits and movies await you at Socrates Sculpture Park
As the summer fun winds down, head over to Socrates Sculpture Park and check out The 30th Anniversary LANDMARK exhibition until Aug. 28. You and your date can relax and watch a variety of outdoor movies between now and Aug. 24 as well.
18. Get acquainted at Quaint
Here’s a new American Bistro located right in Sunnyside.
19.Uwind at Edison Place
Take bite of authentic Irish food with a German influence in Glendale.
20. Coffee and good convos go hand in hand at 60 Beans Kitchen & Coffee
A peaceful and serene setting to converse over coffee and delicious bites in Astoria.