Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Photo via Facebook/Robert Stridiron
Photo via Facebook/Robert Stridiron
Crime scene investigators at the scene of an early morning shooting outside a Richmond Hill hookah lounge on Saturday.

Detectives slapped the cuffs on two men for allegedly shooting four individuals following a dispute outside a hookah lounge in Richmond Hill early Saturday morning, according to police.

Law enforcement sources said Andre Soler, 31, of 88th Avenue in Richmond Hill and Donald Jones, 27, of Bergen Street in Brooklyn participated in the shooting that occurred at about 2:30 a.m. in the vicinity of Jamaica Avenue and 105th Street.

According to police, a 30-year-old man was shot in the left thigh while a 26-year-old man was shot in the neck; a 36-year-old man was hit in the right forearm; and a 19-year-old man was shot in the leg and torso.

Members of the 102nd Precinct and EMS units responded to the incident. The four men were rushed to Elmhurst and Jamaica hospitals; all are expected to make a recovery.

The motive remains under investigation, but the Daily News reported that the shooting may have been triggered by an altercation at the club moments earlier.

The suspects were observed fleeing inside a white sedan traveling at a high rate of speed. Police officers obtained a description of the suspects and their getaway vehicle.

Later that morning, Soler and Jones — who fit the description of the individuals involved in the shooting — were stopped by police inside a white sedan at the corner of 179th Street and 104th Avenue in Jamaica. They were taken into custody initially on drunk driving and other related charges.

Following an investigation and further questioning, the two suspects were charged on Saturday night with attempted murder, assault, criminal possession of a weapon and reckless endangerment.

During their arraignment hearing in Queens Criminal Court on Sunday, Soler was ordered held on $350,000 bail, while Jones was remanded on $250,000 bail. Both men are scheduled to return to court on Aug. 30.


Join The Discussion

Related Stories
Queens hookah bars caught putting tobacco in water pipes face closure
Queens hookah bars caught putting tobacco in water pipes face closure
Queens locals open hookah bars in Bayside
Queens locals open hookah bars in Bayside
Popular Stories
Screenshot via YouTube/Boris Kaykov
Three men arrested for sexually assaulting a woman on a Jamaica street: cops
Photo courtesy of NYC Mayor's Office
You can meet the mayor and city officials during 'City Hall' week in Queens starting Monday
Photos courtesy of the Woodhaven Cultural and Historical Society
The cyclone that transformed Woodhaven: Our Neighborhood, The Way it Was

Skip to toolbar