Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Photo: Harrison Leong/Wikimedia Commons, with inset courtesy of NYPD
Photo: Harrison Leong/Wikimedia Commons, with inset courtesy of NYPD
Police say the man pictured at left phoned in a phony bomb threat on Oct. 13 at the 71st-Continental Avenues station in Forest Hills.

Detectives cuffed a homeless man on Wednesday, six days after he allegedly phoned in a bomb threat at a train station in Forest Hills.

Police say Brian Harrison, 56, allegedly used a pay phone at the 71st-Continental Avenues station to call 911 at 9:31 a.m. last Thursday, Oct. 13, and told the operator that a bomb was going to go off at the location.

 

Law enforcement sources said Harrison allegedly entered an elevator at the station, pressed the emergency call button and stated, “The bomb will go off in 6 minutes and 57 seconds.” Video footage of the suspect later released by police earlier this week showed him entering and exiting the elevator while carrying a backpack and a cane.

Police took the threat seriously and searched the station for explosive devices, but found none. Trains on the E, F, M and R line skipped the station for a time while the investigation was underway.

Through their investigation, detectives tracked down Harrison and, following questioning at the 112th Precinct stationhouse in Forest Hills, charged him with three counts each of filing a false report and making terroristic threats.

Comments:

Join The Discussion



Related Stories
Homeless man arrested for shoving woman down the stairs at a Forest Hills subway station
Homeless man arrested for shoving woman down the stairs at a Forest Hills subway station
Popular Stories
Photo via Twitter/@NYPD111Pct
Police tow 13 illegally parked cars outside of Bayside car dealership in overnight sting
Photo courtesy of NYPD
UPDATE: Cops describe two suspects who broke into six businesses along Bell Boulevard in Bayside
Photos by Suzanne Monteverdi/QNS
'We respect our properties': Whitestone residents voice concerns with long-abandoned house


Skip to toolbar