Ridgewood foodies, rejoice!
The people who created the popular Ridgewood Market are hosting their very first food festival next weekend.
Ridgewood Market’s food festival will bring the neighborhood’s most delicious vendors to The Footlight, located at 465 Seneca Ave., on Saturday, Nov. 19, from noon to 6 p.m. for an afternoon filled with tasty foods, local beers, contests and prizes.
There will be a free-to-enter pie contest and a live jazz band playing throughout the afternoon. The festival will also be giving back to the community by holding a food and can drive to help local food banks.
Some of the vendors that will be at the market include the following:
- Gyro World, selling stuffed feta kebabs, chicken souvlaki and bifteki;
- Sabba’s Spicery, which sells spice blends in jars;
- Mabbel Cedano, selling cakes, pies and granola bars;
- I Like Food has pulled pernil sandwich, vegan sloppy joe and bourbon Rice Krispy treats;
- Sweet Dreams by Jen will be selling cupcakes, cookies and pies;
- Joli Bord will have baked goods, gluten-free and savory pies, cakes and cookies;
- Gelsys Food, with Bolivian Sonso, prepared with cassava, cheese, milk and butter;
- Dishes by Doe selling grilled jerk salmon, BBQ St. Louis ribs, BBQ mac ‘n’ cheese, collard greens, bean soup, BBQ chicken and regular mac ‘n’ cheese;
- Elsa B will be selling traditional raisin scones;
- Zelicious Sweets has homemade pies, cupcakes, cakes and cookies;
- Quetzal Ceja selling tamales served with homemade salsa; and
- Linda Irizarry selling her award-winning coquito made with condensed or coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
The food festival is still looking for vendors that will sell canned goods, pickles, jams, honey pastries, spices, hot sauces, baked goods, sandwiches, cooked meals, vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free foods, candy, chocolate and more.
If you are interested in participating in the festival, contact the Ridgewood Market.