Cops needs the public’s help in finding two men who’ve been busy breaking into homes across a swath of south Queens dating back to last fall.
The NYPD released this weekend video footage of the two men in connection with the Dec. 30, 2016, burglary of a home in the vicinity of 189th Street and 99th Avenue in Hollis. That was the 16th of 20 break-ins that the duo is suspected of committing.
The first burglary took place in South Ozone Park at 11 a.m. on Oct. 17, 2016, when the suspects pilfered a home in the vicinity of 116th Street and the Van Wyck Expressway.
In each of the 20 break-ins, police said, the suspects entered the locations forcibly or through unlocked doors. They obtained assorted quantities of money, jewelry and electronics before fleeing the scene.
Eight of the burglaries occurred in areas of Hollis and Queens Village patrolled by the 103rd and 105th Precincts. Of those incidents, five took place close to the Long Island Rail Road’s Main Line on 99th and 100th avenues between 189th Street and Francis Lewis Boulevard.
All but one of the other 12 break-ins occurred in South Ozone Park, which the 106th Precinct patrols, in an area generally bounded by 109th Avenue, 114th Street and the Nassau and Van Wyck expressways. A burglary in Richmond Hill within the 106th Precinct’s confines is also connected to the pattern.
The full list of incidents connected to the burglary pattern is as follows:
- 116th Street and Van Wyck Expressway, South Ozone Park, 11 a.m. on Oct. 17, 2016;
- 125th Street and 116th Avenue, South Ozone Park, 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 22;
- 120th Street and North Conduit Avenue, 7 a.m. on Oct. 25;
- 120th Street and 133rd Avenue, South Ozone Park, 12 p.m. on Oct. 28;
- 118th Avenue and 128th Street, South Ozone Park, 12 p.m. on Nov. 4;
- 120th Street and Sutter Avenue, South Ozone Park, 1 p.m. on Nov. 5;
- 100th Avenue and 202nd Street, Hollis, 5:45 p.m. on Dec. 4;
- 114th Street and 149th Avenue, South Ozone Park, 12 p.m. on Dec. 6;
- 100th Avenue and 199th Street, Hollis, 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 17;
- 94th Avenue and 208th Street, Queens Village, 6:05 p.m. on Dec. 17;
- 120th Avenue and 132nd Street, South Ozone Park, 12 p.m. on Dec. 21;
- 111th Street and 103rd Avenue, Richmond Hill, 7:30 a.m. on Dec. 22;
- 93rd Avenue and 211th Street, Queens Village, 10 a.m. on Dec. 22;
- 89th Avenue and 207th Street, Queens Village, 3 p.m. on Dec. 23;
- 111th Avenue and 123rd Street, South Ozone Park, 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 23;
- 189th Street and 99th Avenue, Hollis, 10:50 a.m. on Dec. 30;
- 205th Street and 100th Avenue, Queens Village, 12:05 p.m. on Jan. 2, 2017;
- 124th Street and 152nd Avenue, South Ozone Park, 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 9;
- 100th Avenue and 202nd Street, Hollis, 10:35 a.m. on Jan. 9;
- 133rd Avenue and 122nd Place, South Ozone Park, 7:41 p.m. on Jan. 11.
Anyone with information regarding the burglary pattern or the suspects’ whereabouts is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-577-TIPS, visit their website or send a text message to 274637 (CRIMES), then enter TIP577. All calls and messages are kept confidential.