Doing Time for Stabbing Friend – QNS.com

Doing Time for Stabbing Friend

Bklyn. Teen Attacked Youth In Park

A Cypress Hills teenager is spending as many as 10 years in prison for attempting to murder his then-12-year-old friend during a dispute inside Highland Park in January 2010, law enforcement sources announced.

Wayne Henderson, 17, of Ridgewood Avenue was ordered last Thursday, Jan. 26, by Queens Supreme Court Justice James P. Griffin to serve an indeterminate sentence of between five and 10 years behind bars after being convicted last December of second-degree attempted murder and first-degree assault for the attack.

“[Henderson] participated in a vicious attack with his girlfriend on someone whom he once called a friend,” said Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown in a statement last Thursday. “At trial, it was shown that the victim suffered more than a dozen stab wounds to his upper body. Fortunately, he survived the ordeal. The defendant will now spend a considerable amount of time behind bars to pay for his heinous crime.”

Henderson’s girlfriend-Carina Parache, 16, of Norwood Avenue in Cypress Hills-pled guilty in March 2011 to second-degree attempted murder and is currently serving up to six years in prison.

According to trial testimony, Henderson and Parache-both of whom were 15 and 14 years old, respectively- were with the then- 12-yearold victim in Highland Park 8 p.m. on Jan. 9, 2010 when all three got into a brief argument.

During the dispute, authorities said, Henderson pulled out a knife and began stabbing the 12-year-old multiple about the body. Moments later, Henderson and Parache fled from the scene; the male defendant reportedly threw his knife to the ground as he ran.

As noted in published reports, the injured 12-year-old staggered out of the park and flagged down a vehicle on the Jackie Robinson Parkway for assistance. He was later transported by paramedics to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center for treatment of stab wounds to his face, neck, torso and back.

Among the injuries he suffered were cuts to two jugular veins which required life-saving reconstructive surgery.

Det. Jason Houlihan of the 104th Precinct Detective Squad conducted the investigation.

The case was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Mark Misorek of the D.A.’s Career Criminal Major Crime Bureau, under the supervision of Assistant District Attorneys James W. Evangelou, bureau chief, and Robert J. Hanophy, deputy bureau chief.

More from Around New York