Metropolitan Transportation Authority
No M Shuttle Svc. All This Weekend
Weekend shuttle service on the M line will be suspended between Metropolitan Avenue in Middle Village and Myrtle Avenue-Broadway in Bushwick this weekend, from 11:45 Apr. 19, until 5 a.m. Monday, Apr. 22.
It was noted that both the last Myrtle Avenue-bound M train will depart Metropolitan Avenue and the last Middle Village-bound M train will depart Myrtle Avenue-Broadway at the same time, 11:43 p.m. Friday.
Shuttle buses will replace M train service and make stops at all closed stations. Riders can transfer between the shuttle buses and the L line at Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues or the J line at Myrtle Avenue-Broadway.
The shuttle buses will stop at M train stations as follows:
– Metropolitan Avenue-at the Q54 bus stop on Metropolitan Avenue at Rentar Plaza;
– Fresh Pond Road-at the B20 bus stop on Putnam Avenue and Fresh Pond Road (to Myrtle Avenue- Broadway) or the Q58 bus stop on Fresh Pond Road at Putnam Avenue (to Metropolitan Avenue);
– Forest Avenue-at the B20 bus stop on Putnam Avenue at Fairview Avenue (to Myrtle Avenue-Broadway) or the Q58 bus stop on Fairview Avenue at Putnam Avenue (to Metropolitan Avenue);
– Seneca Avenue-at B38 bus stops on Seneca Avenue at Palmetto Street;
– Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues-at the B13 bus stop on Gates Avenue at Wyckoff Avenue (to Myrtle Avenue- Broadway) or the Q58 bus stop on Palmetto Street at Myrtle Avenue (to Metropolitan Avenue);
– Knickerbocker Avenue-at B54 bus stops on Myrtle Avenue at Knickerbocker Avenue;
– Central Avenue-on Myrtle Avenue at Cedar Street (to Myrtle Avenue Broadway) or the B54 bus stop on Myrtle Avenue at DeKalb Avenue (to Metropolitan Avenue); and
– Myrtle Avenue-Broadway-at the B46 bus stop on Broadway at Myrtle Avenue.
Visit www.mta.info for any lastminute schedule changes.
More Weekend Svc. Disruptions On J Line
J train service is scheduled to be suspended between Crescent Street in Brooklyn and Jamaica Center in Queens this weekend, from 5:30 a.m. Saturday, Apr. 20, until 10 p.m. Sunday, Apr. 21.
During this period, J trains will only operate between Crescent Street and Chambers Street. Shuttle buses will provide alternate service, making stops at all J train stations between Crescent Street and 121st Street, and connect to the Jamaica-Van Wyck sta- tion on the E line.
Riders can transfer between the shuttle buses and the J train at Crescent Street. For service to the Sutphin Boulevard-Archer Avenue and Jamaica Center stations, transfer from the shuttle bus to the E train at Jamaica-Van Wyck.
The shuttle buses will stop as follows:
– Crescent Street-on Fulton Street at Crescent Street;
– Cypress Hills-at the B13 stop on Jamaica Avenue at Hemlock Street (to Jamaica-Van Wyck) or on Crescent Street at Jamaica Avenue (to Crescent Street station);
– 75th Street-Elderts Lane-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 75th Street (to Jamaica-Van Wyck) or at Dexter Court (to Crescent Street);
– 85th Street-Forest Parkway-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 85th Street (to Jamaica-Van Wyck) or 86th Street (to Crescent Street);
– Woodhaven Boulevard-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at Woodhaven Boulevard;
– 104th Street-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 104th Street;
– 111th Street-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 111th Street;
– 121st Street-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 121st Street; and
– Jamaica-Van Wyck-on the Van Wyck Expressway service road at 89th Avenue.
Visit www.mta.info for any lastminute schedule changes.
The MTA has scheduled a number of service changes for several subway lines throughout the city due to construction work.
These service advisories are current as of Wednesday, Apr. 17. Last minute changes to service and operating schedules may be made due to weather-related conditions or emergency repairs. Check www.mta.info for schedule changes.
Rail lines which run through the area that will be affected include the following:
Week Of Work To Affect N Service
N train service will be suspended between Queensboro Plaza and Ditmars Boulevard from 11:30 p.m. Monday, Apr. 22, until 5 a.m. Tuesday, Apr. 23.
During this period, shuttle buses will replace N train service between both stations. Riders can transfer between the shuttle buses and the N train at Queensboro Plaza.
N trains will continue to operate between Queensboro Plaza and Stillwell Avenue.
Additionally, Astoria-bound N trains will skip the 39th Avenue, 36th Avenue, Broadway and 30th Avenue stations on Tuesday, Apr. 23, through Friday, Apr. 26, from 10:15 a.m. until 3 p.m. During this period, Q trains will not operate between 57th Street- Seventh Avenue and Ditmars Boulevard.
For service to the affected N train stations, take the N train to Astoria Boulevard, then transfer to a Manhattan bound N train. For service from these stations, take the N train to Queensboro Plaza, then transfer to an Astoria-bound N train.
Daytime J Trains May Shorten Their Route
Some Jamaica Center-bound J trains will make their last stop at 111th Street on Thursday, Apr. 18, and Friday, Apr. 19, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. During this period, J trains will operate every 20 minutes between 111th Street and Jamaica Center.
Riders can transfer between J trains at 111th Street to continue their trip. They are also advised to allow for additional travel time.
Weekend Local Only On E, F In Queens
Jamaica Center-bound E trains and Jamaica-bound F trains will operate local service between Roosevelt Avenue and 71st-Continental Avenues this weekend, from 12:30 a.m. Saturday, Apr. 20, until 5 a.m. Monday, Apr. 22.
Riders are advised to allow for additional travel time.
Switch Of Lines On E, M To Manhattan
Manhattan-bound E trains will run on the F line between Queens and Manhattan late nights on Monday, Apr. 22, through Friday, Apr. 26, from 9:30 p.m. until 5 a.m.
Additionally, Manhattan-bound M trains will run on the F line between 36th Street in Queens and 47th-50th Streets in Manhattan on Mondays through Thursdays from 9:30 to 11:59 p.m.
As a result of this service change, there will be no Manhattan-bound E or M train service at Queens Plaza, Court Square-23rd Street, Lexington Avenue-53rd Street, Fifth Avenue- 53rd Street and Seventh Avenue.
For service to Queens Plaza and Court Square-23rd Street stations, transfer to the 7 train at Roosevelt Avenue, which stops at nearby Queensboro Plaza. For service from these stations, take the 7 train at Queensboro Plaza to Times Square-42nd Street.
Late Night Split On G Line In Brooklyn
G train service will be suspended between Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets and Church Avenue late nights on Monday through Friday from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. through Friday, May 10.
During these periods, G trains will operate in two sections-between Court Square and Bedford-Nostrand Avenues and between Bedford-Nostrand Avenues and Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets.
Riders can transfer between G trains at Bedford-Nostrand Avenues.
For service to the Bergen Street, Carroll Street, Fourth Avenue-Ninth Street, Seventh Avenue, 15th Street- Prospect Park, Fort Hamilton Parkway and Church Avenue stations, transfer to the F train at Jay Street- MetroTech.
Central Ave. Station Closed For Repairs
The Central Avenue station on the M line in Bushwick remains shut through late August as the MTA conducts renovations as part of its “station renewal” program.
Riders are advised to use the Myrtle Avenue-Broadway or Knickerbocker Avenue stops on the M line, the Kosciuszko Street stop on the J line or the Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues station on the L and M lines as alternates.
Additionally, the B54 bus provides connecting service between Central Avenue and the Myrtle Avenue, Knickerbocker Avenue and Myrtle- Wyckoff Avenues stations. During overnight hours, shuttle buses will be provided between these stations.
Sandy-Related Svc. Changes Remain
Until further notice, there is no service on the A line south of the Howard Beach station to the Rockaways and on the Rockaway Park Shuttle.
Riders can use a free shuttle bus between Howard Beach and Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue. There is also a free H train shuttle operating between Far Rockaway and Beach 90th Street. Stations west of Beach 90th Street remain closed.
The H train operates on weekdays from 4:55 a.m. to 9:25 p.m. and on weekends from 4:30 a.m. until 12:30 a.m. The change in times is in order to accommodate ongoing work along the line to restore full service in the Rockaways.
For service between Beach 90th Street and Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Streets, transfer to the Q22 bus line, which makes nearby stops.
The MTA has expanded service on the Q52 limited line between Elmhurst and the Rockaways in order to increase rush-hour access to the A train in Ozone Park.
Reportedly, service time has been doubled during peak rush hours on the Q52, which terminates in the Arverne section of the Rockaways. Q52 buses will run ever six minutes during peak rush hours and every 7 1/2 minutes during non-rush hour periods on weekdays.
The Q52 primarily runs on Woodhaven and Cross Bay boulevards and stops at Liberty Avenue, close to the Rockaway Boulevard A train station.
For a complete list of service changes and last-minute updates, visit the MTA’s website at www.mta.info or call 511.