Quantcast

Candle causes Bay Terrace fire: FDNY

BAY TERRACE — A fire that broke out at a home located in Bay Terrace Monday night was caused by an unattended candle, a spokesman for the Fire Department said.

The two-alarm fire started in the second floor of the dwelling located at 15-62 Waters Edge Drive, the FDNY said. The blaze was determined to be accidental by fire marshals, said the spokesman.

The fire broke out about 8:32 p.m. and it was declared under control at about 10:48 p.m.

The FDNY said 106 firefighters fought the blaze.

There no injuries reported.

More from Around New York