Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks and also a time to give back, so QNS.com is asking you to nominate a family you think deserves a free, delicious feast this holiday season.
The meal is being donated by The Queens Courier and Adrian & Rocky’s Catering, located at 132-08 Cross Bay Blvd. in Ozone Park, and can serve 10 to 14 people.
The “supreme” feast includes:
• A choice of penne a la vodka or lasagna
• A 18-pound turkey with gravy
• Stuffing with or without meat
• Choice of candied yams, mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes
• Choice of peas, carrots and mushrooms or French bean Almondine
• Gorgonzola salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing
• Cranberry sauce
• Dinner rolls
• One pie
To nominate a family, log onto QNS.com and on your neighborhood page post a few sentences on why you think a particular family deserves the delicious feast.
The deadline for nominations is Monday, Nov. 23, and our editors will verify the selections and ultimately choose one family. We will then contact you to get the family’s name, address and phone number.
The family selected will be notified by Tuesday, Nov. 24, and the meal must be picked up on Thanksgiving Day before 3 p.m.