A couple of businesses made the top stories this week as a new fish and beer market is coming to Bayside, and Silver Barn Farms in Middle Village got a new owner who plans on updating the store’s interior and offer lower prices for organic products.
Check out the top 10 stories of the week here:
- A new fish market/beer garden and brewery called Fishscale, is set to open for business at 38-17 Bell Blvd. in Bayside during the last week of September or first week of October.
- A traffic nightmare is coming to Elmhurst next weekend as the Department of Transportation announced that it will close the six-lane main portion of Queens Boulevard between 57th Avenue in Elmhurst and 63rd Road in Rego Park for the whole weekend.
- Middle Village’s Silver Barn Farms will undergo some changes under its new ownership.
- Cops are searching for a man wanted for raping a woman at a Flushing karaoke bar last month.
- The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Karina Vetrano’s rape and death has doubled as cops continue their search.
- DNA testing on evidence recovered from the crime scene of Karina Vetrano didn’t turn up as a match in the NYPD’s database.
- Jennifer Lopez was filming the second season of TV drama ‘Shades of Blue’ in Astoria on Friday.
- We profiled a peaceful Queens neighborhood with a small-town vibe, Douglaston.
- Whitestone’s battle for a full-service supermarket in place of former Walbbaum’s continues.
- Maspeth community is not happy about the proposed homeless shelter coming to their neighborhood. Acacia Network that is supposed to operate the shelter doesn’t have the clearest record either.
Check out QNS.com for all of your breaking Queens news.