Over the course of five days, two men robbed a number of victims, many of them at gunpoint, for their wallets and cellphones. Each incident took place between 9 p.m. and 1:30 a.m., with many robberies occurring just minutes apart from each other.
Cops managed to catch one of the perpetrators on July 6. Timothy Lane, 19, of Brooklyn has been charged with 13 counts of robbery.
The robberies, as the NYPD reported, are as follows:
- At 11:30 p.m. on July 1, a 26-year-old man was walking on the corner of 82nd Street and 58th Avenue in Middle Village when he was approached by two suspects. They displayed a firearm and demanded that the victim to lay on the ground before removing his cellphone and wallet. The suspects then fled in an unknown direction.
- At 11:40 p.m. on July 1, an 18-year-old man and 17-year-old man were walking westbound on Eliot Avenue on the Maspeth/Middle Village border when the suspects approached the victims from behind. One of the crooks displayed a firearm and demanded the victims’ wallets before fleeing on foot southbound on 69th Place.
- At 12:35 a.m. on July 2, a 23-year-old man was walking in the rear of Travers Park, located in the vicinity of 79th Street in Jackson Heights, when the suspects approached the victim. They displayed a firearm before removing the victim’s cellphone and wallet. The thieves then fled in a vehicle northbound on 78th Street towards Northern Boulevard.
- At 12:50 a.m. on July 2, a 60-year-old man was walking in front 30-12 75th St. in Jackson Heights when the two crooks pulled over next to him in a grey vehicle and brandished a black firearm. One suspect went through the victim’s pockets while the other removed his wallet, which contained $150. The suspects then fled southbound on 75th Street toward 31st Avenue in the grey vehicle.
- At 1:30 a.m. on July 2, a 57-year-old man was walking on the corner of 156th Street and Hollywood Avenue in Flushing when one of the suspects went into the victim’s pockets. After removing $30 and credit cards, the suspects fled in unknown direction.
- At 9:05 p.m. on July 5, a 54-year-old man was standing in front of 21-30 79th St. in East Elmhurst when the suspects approached the victim. They displayed a black firearm and demanded the victim’s wallet and cellphone. The victim complied and the suspects fled the scene with $20.
- At 9:40 p.m. on July 5, a 52-year-old man was in front of 33-29 71st St. in Jackson Heights when the crooks approached the victim, displayed a black firearm and demanded his wallet, which contained $100.
- At 9:45 p.m. on July 5, a 35-year-old man was walking opposite of 34-41 77th St. in Jackson Heights when he was approached by the suspects. They simulated a firearm and attempted to remove the victim’s property from his pockets. The victim managed to run away and the suspects fled southbound on 77th Street.
- At 10:02 p.m. on July 5, a 34-year-old man was standing in front of 25-40 78th St. in East Elmhurst when he was two approached by the suspects. They displayed a firearm and took the victim’s wallet before fleeing the scene in a grey vehicle to unknown direction.
- At 10:05 p.m. on July 5, a 40-year-old man was walking at the corner of 30th Avenue and 72nd Street in Jackson Heights when the suspects approached the victim, displayed a silver firearm and demanded his property. The victim complied, handing over his cellphone and jewelry, and the crooks fled in a Honda Accord northbound on 72nd Street.
- At 10:40 p.m. on July 5, a 29-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman were walking on the northwest corner of Crocheron Avenue and 166th Street in Flushing when the crooks approached them from behind, displayed a firearm and demanded the victim’s wallet. The suspects then fled in a four-door silver vehicle.
- At 10:42 p.m. on July 5, a 25-year-old woman and a 27-year-old man were walking in front of a home on 26th Avenue in Flushing when the suspects approached and engaged them in a conversation. The suspects then demanded the victim’s wallet and cellphone while displaying a black firearm. After the victims complied, the suspects fled in a gray Nissan eastbound on 26th Avenue.
- At 11:05 p.m on July 5, a 19-year-old man was walking on the southwest corner of Crocheron Avenue and and 171st Street in Flushing when the suspects approached the victim from behind, pointed a black firearm in his face and demanded his property. The victim had no money in his wallet and the males threw the wallet back at him before fleeing eastbound on Crocheron Avenue in a four-door sedan.
There were no injuries reported for any of the incidents.
Cops described the at-large suspect as a black man believed to be 25 years of age, standing 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighing 150 pounds, remains at large. He was last seen wearing a white tank-top with black trim, black shorts with white stripes and white sneakers.
Police released the following footage of the suspect, which was taken after the sixth incident:
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577. All calls and messages are kept confidential.