Warm weather signals the start of the annual Gregorian Summer Festival in Bellerose, which makes its grand return next month.
From June 20 to 30, St. Gregory the Great Church and Academy will host 11 days of family-friendly events and activities. Organizers of the 40th annual festival promise to treat guests to a selection of food from around the world, live entertainment, rides and games.
The festivities kick off with a parade and “Bellerose Night” on June 20 and continue with international cuisines for the following days. The parade begins at 6:30 p.m.in front of St. Gregory the Great School on 87th Avenue. Check out the full festival schedule below:
- Thursday, June 20: Parade and Bellerose Night, Indian Night
- Friday, June 21: Irish Night
- Saturday, June 22: Alumni Night, Irish Night
- Sunday, June 23: Hispanic Night
- Monday, June 24: Pay One Price (POP) Rides, Filipino Night
- Tuesday, June 25: POP Rides, Polish Night
- Wednesday, June 26: POP Rides, German Night
- Thursday, June 27: POP Rides, German Night
- Friday, June 28: Italian Night
- Saturday, June 29: Italian Night
- Sunday, June 30: 6 p.m. Mass in honor of St. Gregory, Italian Night
Hours of operation are from 7 to 11 p.m. at 87th Avenue and Cross Island Parkway every night. All food will be prepared by parishioner volunteers and school and parish volunteers will run event booths, food and refreshment tents and games.
Festival-goers can get hot dogs, pizza, fries and other fair food at the main festival tent, while different international cuisine will be available for purchase on designated days. Click here to browse the full international menus for the festival.
A single ride ticket is $1.25, a book of 21 tickets is $25 and a book of 44 tickets is $50. From June 24 to 27, visitors can purchase a “pay one price” ride bracelet for $30.