Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Photo by Damian Dovarganes / AP
A hollis man was charged on a 16-count indictment for forcing two women, one being a minor, into prostitution.
By Mark Hallum

A man from Hollis has been indicted for a second time on sex trafficking charges, according to the Queens District Attorney Richard Brown. Corey Hannah, 34, was charged by a grand jury Monday of kidnapping a 15-year-old,forcing her into prostitution and collecting all the profits.

Last month, he was indicted on similar charges for allegedly holding a 21-year-old woman against her will and prostituting her.

The 16-count Queens Supreme Court indictment from February charged Hannah with kidnapping, sex trafficking, petit larceny, promoting prostitution, criminal contempt, assault and criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation

Hannah faces 25 years in prison if convicted and is being held on $250,000 bond or $125,000 cash bail, Brown said.

“The defendant has now been twice accused of holding women against their will, forcing them to engage in prostitution acts, and turning over all the money that they earned to him,” the DA said. “If convicted, the defendant faces a lengthy prison term for sex trafficking – one of the most exploitive and degrading crime against women and society.”

In the latest incident, charges were filed against Hannah for allegedly forcing the 15-year-old victim, whom he met when she was 14, into prostitution in Queens and other parts of the city between May 2016 and June 2016. Hannah allegedly listed photos of the youth on Backpage.com to bring in clients, the profits of which were kept entirely by the Hollis man.

Hannah also stands accused of raping the victim and reacted violently when she refused to work for him, the DA said.

Hannah once burned the girl’s leg with a lit cigar leaving a scar, Brown said.

According to the DA’s office, Hannah met the 21-year-old on a phone dating service and took her out to dinner. The victim found items containing personal information missing from her purse the following day, which Hannah allegedly held her for ransom in return for sex acts with clients in exchange for money.

The woman was under Hannah’s thumb between March and June 2015. During this time, while Hannah took her to clients at hotel in Queens, the DA said he was often violent with her and threatened to kill her if she resisted.

Hannah was served with an order of protection, but even so, allegedly subjected the woman to confrontations or threats, according to the charges

Hannah’s next court date is scheduled for May 31.

Reach reporter Mark Hallum by e-mail at mhallum@cnglocal.com or by phone at (718) 260–4564.

Related Stories
Queens man pleads guilty to forcing a 16-year-old girl into prostitution for his own profit
Queens man pleads guilty to forcing a 16-year-old girl into prostitution for his own profit
Jamaica man charged for pimping out woman and forcing her to hand over her earnings
Jamaica man charged for pimping out woman and forcing her to hand over her earnings
Popular Stories
Many Queens priests on Diocese of Brooklyn list of clergy credibly accused of sexually abusing minors
Queens reacts after Amazon pulls out of multi-billion dollar plans for Long Island City
'You can't speak for us': Astoria & Long Island City residents blast opponents of Amazon HQ proposal


Skip to toolbar