Google Earth
Fire officials are investigating the death of a Rosedale man killed in a fire in the garage behind his house over the weekend.
By Mark Hallum

Firefighters responded to a blaze in Rosedale Sunday which killed one person, according to FDNY.

The fire broke out at about 1 p.m. in the garage at 143-42 232nd St. when a space heater malfunctioned. The occupant of the building was removed to a medical facility in critical condition, but later succumbed to his injuries, the Fire Department said.

Reach reporter Mark Hallum by e-mail at mhall[email protected]glocal.com or by phone at (718) 260–4564.

Related Stories
80-year-old woman dies after being hit by a car while crossing a Little Neck street
80-year-old woman dies after being hit by a car while crossing a Little Neck street
Man fatally struck by train at Jackson Heights subway station was seen jumping onto tracks: cops
Man fatally struck by train at Jackson Heights subway station was seen jumping onto tracks: cops
Popular Stories
33 two-family Bay Lane Estates townhouses set to rise in Bayside
'What we’re seeing is a shift': The growing popularity of Flushing and Jamaica will impact all of Queens for decades
Flushing man wins $5,000,000 on 'Set for Life' scratch-off ticket


Skip to toolbar