Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Photo via Shutterstock/Inset courtesy of NYPD
Security camera footage of a burglar, identified as Kenneth Dellaquila, breaking into a Howard Beach home on Sept. 5, 2017

A Bronx man is due back in court later this week for another hearing on charges that he allegedly burglarized six Queens apartment buildings since July of last year.

Kenneth Dellaquila, 59, remains locked up on $50,000 bail following his March 15 arrest on four criminal complaints that include charges of second-degree burglary and false impersonation.

“On six separate occasions, [Dellaquila] is alleged to have broken into apartments and taken valuables, from cash to laptops to jewelry,” Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown said in a March 23 statement. “As a predicate felon, the defendant now faces the possibility of being incarcerated for life.”

Prosecutors said Dellaquila allegedly hit homes located in Howard Beach, Astoria, Forest Hills, East Elmhurst and other areas of Queens. According to the criminal complaints, he was spotted on tape — sometimes accompanied by an unidentified, unapprehended individual — entering an apartment building empty-handed, then leaving it moments later with property.

On Aug. 17, 2017, authorities said, Dellaquila allegedly stole a laptop, watches and an Adidas backpack from one home in Queens. In another instance, on Sept. 5, 2017, he removed jewelry and a watch from a residence on 156th Avenue in Howard Beach.

Law enforcement sources said Dellaquila was seen on security footage leaving a residence on 29th Street in Astoria on Sept. 22, 2017, with a jar of coins along with a camera and camera equipment, a laptop and an Adidas duffel bag.

Police said Dellaquila was additionally charged with the July 26, 2017, break-in at a home on Woodside Avenue in Elmhurst and the March 8 burglary at a residence on Yellowstone Boulevard in Forest Hills.

Dellaquila was arrested on March 15 as a result of an investigation that the 110th Precinct Detective Squad conducted. He is due back in court on March 30 and faces up to 16 years to life in prison if convicted, Brown said.


Join The Discussion

Popular Stories
UPDATE: Teenager turns himself in for slashing student at Benjamin Cardozo High School in Bayside
Man shouts hate slurs at woman, then punches and leaves her with broken spine in Forest Hills subway attack
Video shows firefighters caught in a violent blast as five-alarm fire destroys row of Sunnyside shops

Skip to toolbar