An Elmhurst house fire that left one woman dead and several others injured was ignited by an unattended candle, according to the FDNY.
The October 7 blaze broke out around 3:30 a.m. Monday in a two-story home at 42-20 74th Street, said fire officials.
A 57-year-old woman died in the fire, according to police, and a 20 year-old man, was seriously injured with third-degree burns.
Four others, who were in the home at the time of the blaze as well as three firefighters received minor injuries, said the FDNY.
- Five-alarm Middle Village fire destroys homes, displaces families
- Famed designer dies in Jamaica fire
- Five injured in Whitestone restaurant fire