Quantcast
Deadly Elmhurst fire caused by unattended candle: FDNY – QNS.com

Deadly Elmhurst fire caused by unattended candle: FDNY

An Elmhurst house fire that left one woman dead and several others injured was ignited by an unattended candle, according to the FDNY.

The October 7 blaze broke out around 3:30 a.m. Monday in a two-story home at 42-20 74th Street, said fire officials.

A 57-year-old woman died in the fire, according to police, and a 20 year-old man, was seriously injured with third-degree burns.

Four others, who were in the home at the time of the blaze as well as three firefighters received minor injuries, said the FDNY.

 

RECOMMENDED STORIES

 

 

More from Around New York