October 29, 2012—the day Sandy reared her ugly head and barreled through, leaving a swath of destruction in her wake.
In this week’s issue and online, The Courier has brought you tales of rebuilding, tales of resiliency – and stories of a borough that is bouncing back.
Here’s a recap of the stories:
- Tilted Breezy Point home becomes iconic image of storm devastation
- Cross Bay businesses make a comeback
- Army man’s family remains resilient after displacement from Breezy Point home
- Houses spring up in Breezy Point ‘fire zone’
- Family-owned LIC restaurant cooks up a comeback
- Ghosts of summers past
- Howard Beach autism center ready to survive another storm
- Family rebuilds after Breezy Point fire
- Co-ops, condos still waiting for disaster aid
- Storm victims navigate difficulties of insurance claims
- PHOTOS: Sandy Then & Now
- Street Talk: What are your memories of Sandy?
- Op-Ed: Where are we one year later?