Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Photo via Google Maps
Photo via Google Maps

Students of a Queens Village school were evacuated Tuesday morning after high levels of carbon monoxide were reported in the building, according to officials.

P.S. 295, located at 224-10 Jamaica Ave. , was cleared out at about 9 a.m. due to electrical issues in the building which could have been caused from smoking manholes near the school, according to Con Edison.

The students were removed to a nearby school and no one was reported injured.

According to the FDNY, they responded to a call at 5:47 a.m. of manholes fires in front of the school. Fire officials found no carbon monoxide levels in the school and left the scene at 6:24 a.m.

Comments:

Join The Discussion



Related Stories
Bayside carbon monoxide leak sickens five residents, FDNY says
Bayside carbon monoxide leak sickens five residents, FDNY says
Astoria residents evacuated following manhole fires: FDNY
Astoria residents evacuated following manhole fires: FDNY
Popular Stories
Photo via Google Maps
UPDATE: Police arrest gunman who robbed a Bayside bar in the early morning
Photo via Shutterstock, inset courtesy of the Acting Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez's office
UPDATE: Jamaica gang member sentenced for shooting two security guards in Brooklyn
Photo via Twitter/@FDNY
VIDEO: Memorial Mass for Glendale-based firefighter killed in the line of duty


Skip to toolbar