Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Photo via Google Maps
Photo via Google Maps

Students of a Queens Village school were evacuated Tuesday morning after high levels of carbon monoxide were reported in the building, according to officials.

P.S. 295, located at 224-10 Jamaica Ave. , was cleared out at about 9 a.m. due to electrical issues in the building which could have been caused from smoking manholes near the school, according to Con Edison.

The students were removed to a nearby school and no one was reported injured.

According to the FDNY, they responded to a call at 5:47 a.m. of manholes fires in front of the school. Fire officials found no carbon monoxide levels in the school and left the scene at 6:24 a.m.

Comments:

Join The Discussion



Related Stories
Bayside carbon monoxide leak sickens five residents, FDNY says
Bayside carbon monoxide leak sickens five residents, FDNY says
Astoria residents evacuated following manhole fires: FDNY
Astoria residents evacuated following manhole fires: FDNY
Popular Stories
Photo via Pixabay
7 Queens neighborhoods make list of NYC's most expensive communities
Photos courtesy of the NYPD
Bayside man busted with over 60 guns in his home now behind bars without bail (UPDATED)
Photos by Liz Clayman
New restaurant in Long Island City serves up thin crust pizza from a renowned chef


Skip to toolbar