Queens Village school evacuated due to possible high levels of carbon monoxide

Photo via Google Maps

Students of a Queens Village school were evacuated Tuesday morning after high levels of carbon monoxide were reported in the building, according to officials.

P.S. 295, located at 224-10 Jamaica Ave. , was cleared out at about 9 a.m. due to electrical issues in the building which could have been caused from smoking manholes near the school, according to Con Edison.

The students were removed to a nearby school and no one was reported injured.

According to the FDNY, they responded to a call at 5:47 a.m. of manholes fires in front of the school. Fire officials found no carbon monoxide levels in the school and left the scene at 6:24 a.m.

More from Around New York