Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Photo courtesy of MTA / Patrick Cashin
Photo courtesy of MTA / Patrick Cashin
Authorities help riders evacuate after an F train derailed in Woodside in May. Several of the passengers now want to sue the city.


Several passengers who were on the subway train that derailed in Woodside this May are planning on suing the city for millions, claiming the accident left them traumatized and injured, according to a published report.

Queens resident Monifah Kidd filed a notice of claim shortly after the derailment, saying she still suffers from nightmares, the New York Post said. Kidd, who is planning to sue for $5 million, is also reportedly claiming she was left with permanent neck, back and head injuries.

A total of 29 people have filed notices of claim so far, the Post reported.

Those claimants also include a Little Neck lawyer who suffers from neck, back, leg and arm pain, and another Queens resident who claims she was left disabled and is planning to sue for $10 million, the Post said.

A Hunter College student from Queens filed a notice of claim last month, according to published reports, after the subway accident left her with panic attacks.

In the May 2 derailment, 19 people were hurt when the six center cars of an eight-car F train went off the express track near 65th Street and Broadway. Of those hurt, 15 suffered minor injuries and four were taken to the hospital.

 

RECOMMENDED STORIES

Comments:

Join The Discussion



Related Stories
VIDEO: Serial phone snatcher targeting victims in eastern Queens subway stations
VIDEO: Serial phone snatcher targeting victims in eastern Queens subway stations
Cops looking for crook who stole pain meds and cash at gunpoint from a Jamaica pharmacy twice
Cops looking for crook who stole pain meds and cash at gunpoint from a Jamaica pharmacy twice
Popular Stories
Photo: Day Donaldson/Flickr
Five Queens areas will be sprayed with larvicide next week as city launches 2018 mosquito-killing campaign
Photo courtesy of NYPD
Police release video of men dressed as utility workers trying to break into Flushing home
Photo via Shutterstock
Queens rabbi faces federal charges in scheme to extort $7 million from an individual


Skip to toolbar