Bushwick Shop Goes Up In Smoke

Heavy smoke filled a Bushwick store after a onealarm fire broke out on Sunday morning, Mar. 25, Fire Department sources said. Reportedly, the blaze ignited at around 11:20 a.m. at a shop located on Wilson Avenue near Stanhope Street. Responding to the scene (in the order of their arrival) were members of Engine companies 218, 271, 277 and 222; Ladder companies 124, 112 and 111; Squad Co. 252; Rescue 2; Battalions 28 and 37; Division 11; the 83rd Precinct and EMS units. No injuries were reported. Two hose lines were used to bring the fire under control, according to FDNY sources.

More from Around New York