Quantcast
Maspeth school safe after gas smell detected: FDNY – QNS.com

Maspeth school safe after gas smell detected: FDNY

By Sarina Trangle

Martin Luther School evacuated its Maspeth campus Monday morning due to the smell of gasoline, the FDNY said.

The Fire Department said it was called to Martin Luther School, at 60-02 Maspeth Ave., at 9:09 a.m. and had students and staff leave the building.

Nobody was hurt and the FDNY said it closed out the case by about 10:30 a.m.

Kelli Westal, director of communications for the school, said the FDNY told Martin Luther School it believed the smell was coming from outside the school’s property.

Westal said students were dismissed at 10 a.m. Monday as a precaution, but classes were to expected to be back in session Tuesday.

Reach reporter Sarina Trangle at 718-260-4546 or by e-mail at strangle@cnglocal.com.

More from Around New York