New York City Department Of Transportation
Because of ongoing construction work at several locations throughout Queens and Brooklyn, the city DOT has announced numerous street closures in local neighborhoods for the upcoming week.
The announced diversions are current as of Wednesday, June 11, and weather permitting. The DOT may shut down other roads should the need for emergency repairs arise.
Streets and highways that are affected by closures during this week include the following:
Street Resurfacing In F. Hills & Wdhvn.
Weather permitting, DOT crews will conduct street milling along the following streets:
– 69th Avenue between Burns Street and Metropolitan Avenue in Forest Hills for contractor milling on Friday, June 13;
– 87th Road between 75th Street and Elderts Lane in Woodhaven for milling on Friday, June 13;
– 88th Avenue between Elderts Lane and 78th Street in Woodhaven for milling on Thursday, June 12, and Friday, June 13;
– 91st Street between Jamaica Avenue and Park Lane South in Woodhaven for paving on Friday, June 13;
– 97th Avenue between Rockaway and Woodhaven boulevards in Ozone Park for paving on Thursday, June 12;
– Juno Street between Yellowstone Boulevard and 71st Avenue in Forest Hills for contractor milling on Thursday, June 12;
– Kessel Street between 71st Avenue and Yellowstone Boulevard in Forest Hills for contractor milling on Thursday, June 12;
Parking is prohibited on these streets during work hours; all vehicles found parked will be towed away at the owner’s expense.
Lane Closures On
Van Wyck Expwy.
One of three lanes in each direction of the Van Wyck Expressway between Jewel Avenue and Union Turnpike may be closed on Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. due to construction work related to the Kew Gardens rehabilitation project.
Additionally, up to two lanes in either direction of the expressway in the same section may be closed on overnights from 1 to 5 a.m.
Kew Gdns. Project Affects Union Tpke.
Long-term construction related to the state Department of Transportation’s Kew Gardens Interchange project will require the right lane of Union Turnpike eastbound to be closed at all times between 128th and 134th streets. All existing traffic lanes will remain open and are shifted to the left.
Lane Closures On Grand Central Pkwy.
One lane of the Grand Central Parkway in each direction will be closed between 82nd and 111th streets on weekdays from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. and 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. on weekdays. Lane closures will also take place from 10 p.m. Fridays to 7 a.m. Saturdays and from 10 p.m. Saturdays to 3 p.m. Sundays.
Two lanes of traffic in each direction may be closed on weeknights from 12:01 until 5 a.m., Saturdays from 1 to 6 a.m. and Sundays from 1 to 9 a.m.
Additionally, the left lane in both directions on the Grand Central Parkway may be closed at 44th Street for two nights through Friday, May 2, from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. to allow DOT crews to conduct bridge maintenance.
For additional closures, visit the city DOT’s website at www.nyc.gov/dot or call 311.