Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
AmbulanceInMotionHC0507_L_300_C_Y-624x416

Updated Tuesday, Dec. 2, 9:14 a.m.

A stove mishap on Thanksgiving Day caused a gas explosion at a South Ozone Park home and left one person injured, fire officials said.

The 107-55 108th St. two-story dwelling exploded about 1:40 p.m. Thursday, according to the FDNY.

A man who suffered from burns, according to published reports, was taken to the hospital in serious, but non-life-threatening condition.

The location of the explosion was an illegally renovated apartment in the back of the house, according to fire and National Grid officials. An investigation showed that the resident was trying to light the stove when the incident happened.

RECOMMENDED STORIES

Comments:

Join The Discussion



Popular Stories
Many Queens priests on Diocese of Brooklyn list of clergy credibly accused of sexually abusing minors
Queens reacts after Amazon pulls out of multi-billion dollar plans for Long Island City
Over 95 clergymen from Queens accused of sexual abuse named in Diocese report


Skip to toolbar