DOT To Resurface Local Streets This Autumn
Residential blocks will be targeted by Department of Transportation (DOT) crews during scheduled street resurfacing around Ridgewood, Glendale, Maspeth and Middle Village tentatively scheduled to take place this fall.
The list that the DOT presented to Community Board 5, which the Times Newsweekly obtained, indicated the street work would take place beginning in September, subject to last-minute changes.
Street resurfacing occurs in two stages. First, DOT crews mill, or strip, the existing pavement off the roadway, utilizing a large scarifying machine.
A short time thereafter- generally within one to three weeks-a DOT crew installs the new asphalt.
The DOT will place notices of impending resurfacing work on each affected street days prior to resurfacing.
Parking is prohibited during scheduled street resurfacing; all vehicles found parked on the block can and will be towed away at the owner’s expense.
All scheduled resurfacing work is weather permitting and may be rescheduled at the last minute due to inclement weather. Call the city’s 311 hotline to check for updates.
Streets on this year’s tentative repaving list for Board 5’s confines are the following, as listed according to neighborhood:
– 60th Place between 67th and Putnam avenues;
– 60th Street between Putnam and Catalpa avenues;
– 67th Avenue between Forest Avenue and Fresh Pond Road;
– 68th Avenue between Fresh Pond Road and Forest Avenue;
– Bleecker Street between Grandview and Woodward avenues;
– Linden Street between Fairview and Forest avenues;
– Menahan Street between Seneca and Fairview avenues; and
– Palmetto Street between Fairview and Forest avenues.
– 60th Place between 75th and St. Felix avenues;
– 60th Street between St. Felix and Cooper avenues;
– 61st Street between Myrtle and St. Felix avenues;
– 62nd Street between Myrtle and Cooper avenues;
– 64th Lane between 74th and Cooper avenues;
– 65th Street between Cooper Avenue and Cypress Hills Street;
– 74th Avenue between Cypress Hills and 62nd streets;
– 78th Avenue between Cypress Avenue and 60th Lane;
– 79th Avenue between 60th Street and Cypress Avenue;
– Aubrey Avenue between 88th Street and Metropolitan Avenue;
– Cooper Avenue between 64th and Cypress Hills streets;
– Doran Avenue between Woodhaven Boulevard and 83rd Street; and
– Rutledge Avenue between Woodhaven Boulevard and 88th Street.
– 56th Drive between 60th and 64th streets;
– 57th Drive between 69th Lane and Mazeau Street;
– 57th Road between 70th Street and the dead end;
– 58th Place between Maspeth and Grand avenues;
– 64th Street between Borden and Maspeth avenues;
– 70th Street between 57th Road and 57th Drive;
– 71st Street between Grand Avenue and 57th Road;
– Clinton Avenue between Borden Avenue and 64th Street;
– Hull Avenue between Borden Avenue and 64th Street;
– Mazeau Street between Grand Avenue and Queens Midtown Expressway;
– Perry Avenue between 64th Street and Hamilton Place; and
– Remsen Place between Hull and Grand avenues.
– 57th Road between 78th Street and the dead end;
– 58th Avenue between 76th and 80th streets;
– 58th Road between 76th Street and 77th Place;
– 60th Place between Metropolitan and Eliot avenues;
– 62nd Road between Fresh Pond Road and 64th Street;
– 62nd Street between Metropolitan and 62nd avenues;
– 64th Street between Metropolitan and Eliot avenues;
– 76th Street between 58th and Eliot avenues;
– 77th Place between 58th and Eliot avenues;
– 78th Street between Queens Midtown Expressway and Eliot Avenue;
– 79th Street between Eliot Avenue and Queens Midtown Expressway;
– 84th Street between 58th and Eliot avenues;
– Caldwell Avenue between 74th and 80th streets; and
– Queens Midtown Expressway between 79th and 80th streets.