In April 2018, the city began preparations for a major water main project in the neighborhood. Gas line relocations began at 33rd Avenue between 154th Street and Utopia Parkway, continued down 37th Avenue to Francis Lewis Boulevard and ran 38th Avenue until 216th Street.
Work is taking place in the following locations:
- 216th Street between 40th Avenue and 38th Avenue
- 38th Avenue between 216th Street and Francis Lewis Boulevard
- 206th Street/Clearview Service Road between 36th Avenue and 38th Avenue
- Crocheron Avenue between 38th Avenue and 37th Avenue
- 37th Avenue between Crocheron Avenue and Utopia Parkway
- Utopia Parkway between 37th Avenue and 33rd Avenue
- 33rd Avenue between Francis Lewis Boulevard and 156 Street
- 158th Street between 32nd Avenue and 33rd Avenue
- 156th Street between 33rd Avenue and 32nd Avenue
- 32nd Avenue between 156th Street and 162nd Street
The work will take place on Mondays through Fridays between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. and is expected to take several months to complete. The water main project is expected to be completed by July 2020.
For more information about the project, contact QueensRCA@coned.com