A pet store chain with multiple locations throughout Queens will be closing all of their stores later this year.
Petland Discounts, which operated throughout the tri-state area, is expected to close all of its locations by April 18. The news comes days after the sole owner of the company died.
Reports say that the owner, Neil Pardon, passed away this month at the age of 74 after a long battle with bladder cancer.
Pardon founded Petland Discounts in 1965, opening its first location in Glen Oaks. At its height, the chain grew to have more than 100 stores throughout New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Petland Discounts has many locations in Queens, including the following:
- 21-11 Broadway, Astoria
- 66-26 Metropolitan Ave., Middle Village
- 34-60 48th St., Long Island City
- 43-10 Ditmars Blvd., Long Island City
- 37-55 82nd St., Jackson Heights
- 70-44 Austin St., Forest Hills
- 94-18 63rd Dr., Rego Park
- 85-17 126th St., Kew Gardens
- 30-28 Steinway St., Astoria
- 71-8 Kissena Blvd., Flushing
- 171-33 Hillside Ave., Jamaica
- 37-20 Main St., Flushing
- 259-15 Union Tpke., Glen Oaks
- 55-52 Myrtle Ave., Ridgewood
- 91-08 Atlantic Ave., Ozone Park
- 134-40a Springfield Blvd., Springfield Gardens
- 147-17 Jamaica Ave., Jamaica
QNS has reached out to Petland Discounts Inc. for comment.