With wind gusts up to 50 mph expected in New York City, the Department of Buildings is reminding builders, contractors and property owners to secure construction sites and buildings.
Precautionary measures property owners should take include:
– Bring inside loose, lightweight objects such as lawn furniture, potted plants, garbage cans, garden tools and toys.
– Anchor objects that would be unsafe outside, such as gas grills or propane tanks.
– Close up and secure patio umbrellas.
– Secure retractable awnings.
– Remove aerial antennas and satellite television dishes.
Wind velocity may be higher in some areas of the city.