The Rev. Joseph T. Holcomb (r.) takes a closer look at the centennial logo banner which was recently hanged at St. Andrew Avellino Parish in Flushing. The church towers above Northern Boulevard at 158th Street and is recognized as an outstanding example of American Art Deco architecture. Dedicated in 1940, it replaced the original wooden church which was built in 1916. In 2009, Father Holcomb became the sixth pastor of the parish which includes 3,000 worshippers and a school that opened in 1925. The centennial year will include many events and conclude next June.