State Pulls For Another Giants Victory
Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino have announced a friendly wager on Super Bowl XLVI.
The game between the New York Giants and New England Patriots will take place on Sunday, Feb. 5 in Indianapolis.
If the Giants win, one New York City family will win a Super Tour of Boston. They will receive:
– Four roundtrip tickets on Jet- Blue;
– A two-night stay at the Ritz Carlton;
– Dinner for four at Legal Seafoods Harborside;
– Dinner for four at the Top of the Hub restaurant;
– Four tickets to a performance at the Citi Performing Arts Center;
– Four box seats at a Bruins or Celtics game at the TD Garden;
– A behind-the-scenes-tour of the newly expanded Isabella Stewart Gardner museum;
– A Duck Tour ride;
– A VIP tour of the personal diaries of John Adams, which inspired the HBO series, at the Boston Public Library, the first publically-support free city library in the world;
– A VIP tour of the Samuel Adams Brewery in Jamaica Plain; and
– A photo with Mayor Menino.
If the Patriots win, one Boston family will win a Super Tour of New York City. Thanks to New York City’s outstanding partners in the tourism industry, they will receive:
– Four roundtrip tickets on the Delta Shuttle;
– A two-night stay at the Grand Hyatt;
– Dinner for four at the newly reopened Russian Tea Room;
– Lunch or dinner for four at B. Smith’s restaurant;
– Four club seats at a Rangers or Knicks game at Madison Square Garden;
– Four tickets to The Phantom of the Opera, celebrating its 10,000th performance right after the Super Bowl;
– A ride with the captain on Statue Cruises to Liberty and Ellis Islands with a VIP tour of the Statue of Liberty crown and museum, including lunch;
– A VIP tour of the new American wing at the Metropolitan Museum of Art;
– A VIP tour of the Brooklyn Brewery; and
– A photo with Mayor Bloomberg.
“New York sports teams have a history of cleaning up when they go to Boston-and now our fans will have a chance to do the same,” said Bloomberg. “Any New Yorker not too tired from salsa dancing Sunday night will be able to enter an online lottery for the chance to win. I also want to thank our generous partners who have agreed to fund a trip to New York City for a Boston family- but we expect that if Boston fans want to help us set another record for tourism, they will have to pay their own way.”
“I have a lot of faith in the Patriots. They carried us this far, and I hope they’ll carry the Vince Lombardi Trophy right back to Boston,” Mayor Menino countered. “But either on the field or off, the City of Boston wins by being able to showcase some of the best our great city has to offer.”
The winners will be chosen through an online lottery system. More information about how to enter will be available from the losing city.