Teen Kidnapped for Sex

Six Locked Her Up In Oz. Pk. House

Two Ozone Park residents and four Brooklyn men were arrested last Thursday, Mar. 8, after being indicted for allegedly conspiring to kidnap, gang-rape and force a 15-year-old girl to prostitute herself to numerous men inside the Ozone Park home in which they allegedly squatted, law enforcement sources said.

Gary Council, 22, of 91st Street in Ozone Park faces 25 years to life behind bars after being hit with the most serious charges in the indictment, including first- and second-degree kidnapping, first- and third-degree rape, first- and third-degree criminal sexual act, compelling prostitution, second-degree burglary, promoting prostitution, attempted grand larceny and endangering the welfare of a child.

Prosecutors said Andrea Furlonge, 21, of 101st Avenue in Ozone Park was also booked on charges of compelling prostitution, sex trafficking, second- and third-degree burglary, promoting prostitution and child endangerment. If convicted, she faces up to 25 years behind bars.

Also charged in the case were Brooklyn’s Junior C. Goldring, 23, of East 52nd Street; Omari A. Millington, 21, of East 43rd Street; Renardo Williams, 22, of East 42nd Street; and Roy McMillan, 24, of Linden Boulevard. Goldring, Millington and Williams were each charged with first- and third-degree rape, third-degree criminal sexual act and endangering the welfare of a child; they each face up to 25 years in prison.

McMillan was booked on counts of second- and third-degree burglary, attempted grand larceny, criminal use of drug paraphernalia and child endangerment and faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.

Other unidentified suspects involved in the case are still at large, authorities said.

“This is a horrific case in which the victim, a young girl, is alleged to have survived a nightmarish ordeal that included being drugged, gangraped, and forced to work as a prostitute,” Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown said in a statement. “She is fortunate to have escaped. If convicted, the defendants deserve to be sentenced to lengthy terms in prison both as punishment and to send a clear message that crimes such as this will not be tolerated in Queens County.”

Law enforcement sources said the victim’s ordeal began on the night of Feb. 6, when she and a friend were picked up from a location on Jerome Street in Brooklyn by Goldring, who was driving a vehicle with an unidentified and unapprehended suspect riding along.

The two girls were taken to a home on 101st Avenue in Ozone Park, where they were met by Council and McMillan. When the victim and her friend tried to leave, Council reportedly grabbed the victim and forced her to stay.

Moments later, authorities said, Council introduced the victim to Furlonge and claimed that the teenager would “make a lot of money” for him. He instructed Furlonge to take the victim and “do what she had to do,” according to information provided by the Queens District Attorney’s office.

Furlonge reportedly took several photos on her cell phone of the girl, who was partially or completely nude in many of the images. Each of the pictures were sent to backpage.com for an advertisement offering the victim for prostitution services.

During the investigation, police discovered that Furlonge took several photos of herself and posted them in a similar prostitution ad on backpage.com with the same call-back number.

Between Feb. 6 and Feb. 11, according to the charges, the 15-yearold girl was forced to engage in sexual intercourse and oral sex with a number of men who visited the 101st Avenue home in exchange for money. The proceeds from her sex sales were reportedly collected by Furlonge and given to Council.

The 15-year-old girl was allegedly drugged and gang-raped inside the home on Feb. 8, police reported. According to the charges, Millington and Council allegedly forced the victim to take two Ecstasy pills, then tied her up.

After she was restrained, it was reported, the two men-along with Goldring and Williams-allegedly gang-raped and sodomized the girl.

During her imprisonment in the home, law enforcement sources noted, Furlonge allegedly told the girl that she had to comply with demands made by Council, whom she claimed would get “violent” if they were not followed. At one point, when the victim tried to take a shower, Council allegedly grabbed the girl by the hair and ordered her instead to go back to her work as a prostitute.

On another occasion, prosecutors said, the girl tried to leave the home, but was pulled back inside by Council, who told her that “she would have big problems” if she tried to leave.

Police said the victim finally escaped on Feb. 12, when Council ordered her to make a visit to a store across the street from the home. Once away from the residence, the victim ran away.

During the course of their investigation, law enforcement sources determined that Council, Furlonge and McMillan were allegedly squatting in the 101st Avenue residence, which had been padlocked by its owner in January.

The owner of the property visited the residence on Jan. 21 and discovered that the locks he had installed had been broken off and replaced, prosecutors said. After putting on new locks of his own, the owner returned to the 101st Avenue location on Feb. 5 and reportedly discovered that the lock had been broken.

During that visit, it was reported, the property owner encountered Furlonge, McMillan and Council inside the residence and called police. Law enforcement sources said the three individuals produced and showed to the property owner and responding officers lease agreements between them and the purported leaseholder, identified as “Raymond Kelly.”

Nevertheless, the actual owner of the property returned to the home on Feb. 10 and asked Council, McMillan and the others to leave. According to the charges, Council and McMillan demanded that the owner pay each of them $5,000 to depart.

All six suspects were arraigned in Queens Criminal Court last Thursday before Judge Joseph Zayas. Council was ordered held on $1 million bail, while bail for Furlonge, Goldring, Millington and Williams was set for each at $100,000. McMillan remains in jail on $75,000 bail. They were each ordered to return to court on May 1.

Det. Paul Carlin of the NYPD Vice Enforcement Division, with the assistance of Det. Rose Muckenthaler, conducted the investigation under the supervision of Lt. Michael Costello and Sgt. Michael Daly and the overall supervision of Deputy Inspector Anthony Favale.

The case is being prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Jessica Melton of the D.A.’s Special Proceedings Bureau, under the supervision of Assistant District Attorneys Anthony M. Communiello, bureau chief, and Oscar W. Ruiz, deputy bureau chief.

More from Around New York