Armed Suspect Shot In B’wick

Cop Fires After Perp Points A Pistol

An armed man was shot and critically injured by police after allegedly pointing a gun at officers upon being stopped on a Bushwick street last Friday morning, June 29, it was reported.

A 27-year-old man was shot by police in Bushwick last Friday, June 29 after he allegedly pointed this gun at officers and refused to drop it.

The 27-year-old gunman remains hospitalized at Kings County Hospital Center after sustaining a gunshot wound to his head.

Police said the trouble began at around 10 a.m. last Friday in the vicinity of Woodbine Street between Irving and Knickerbocker avenues.

Officers from the 83rd Precinct responded to a location on the block after receiving a 911 call regarding a dispute. Upon their arrival, police said, they were met by a man who claimed that his vehicle had been damaged by the suspect, who had fled from the scene on foot.

Police initiated a search and additional officers located the suspect inside a 1991 Toyota on Weirfield Street near Irving Avenue. When the officers approached the vehicle, law enforcement sources noted, the man pointed a silver handgun at them.

Seconds later, according to authorities, the gunman exited the car and was ordered by one of the officers to drop his weapon. Reportedly, the officer then fired a shot, striking the suspect in the head.

EMS units responded to the scene and transported the suspect to Kings County Hospital Center, where he was listed in critical condition. The officer was taken to Wyckoff Heights Medical Center for observation.

The investigation is ongoing, police said.

Boy brain-dead in second shooting

In a separate incident, the NYPD is continuing to look for the gunman who shot a 14-year-old boy in the head at the corner of Cornelia Street and Evergreen Avenue last Wednesday night, June 27, it was reported.

The boy was later declared braindead after being rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, according to published reports.

Reportedly, the victim was walk- ing with friends when they were approached by two individuals at the intersection at around 11 p.m. last Wednesday.

According to a report in The Wall Street Journal, the suspects fired shots as the 14-year-old victim and his friends fled the location.

The 83rd Precinct Detective Squad is conducting an ongoing investigation, police said.

Anyone with any information regarding last Wednesday’s shooting that could prove helpful is asked to call the 83rd Precinct Detective Squad at 1-718-574-1796; all calls will be kept confidential.