M Shuttle Train Is Closed This Weekend
Weekend M train shuttle service between Metropolitan Avenue-Middle Village and Myrtle Avenue-Broadway will be suspended this weekend, from 4 a.m. Saturday, July 7, until 10 p.m. Sunday, July 8.
Free shuttle buses will provide alternate service and make all stops along the M shuttle line. Riders can transfer between the shuttle buses and the L train at Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues or the J train at Myrtle Avenue- Broadway.
The shuttle buses will stop at the M train stations as follows:
– Metropolitan Avenue-at the Q54 bus stop on Metropolitan Avenue at Rentar Plaza;
– Fresh Pond Road-at the B20 bus stop on Putnam Avenue at Fresh Pond Road (to Myrtle Avenue-Broadway) or the Q58 bus stop on Fresh Pond Road at Putnam Avenue (to Metropolitan Avenue);
– Forest Avenue-at the B20 bus stop on Putnam Avenue at Fairview Avenue (to Myrtle Avenue-Broadway) or the Q58 bus stop on Fairview Avenue at Putnam Avenue (to Metropolitan Avenue);
– Seneca Avenue-at B38 bus stops on Seneca Avenue at Palmetto Street;
– Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues-at the B13 bus stop on Gates Avenue at Wyckoff Avenue (to Myrtle Avenue- Broadway) or the Q58 bus stop on Palmetto Street at Myrtle Avenue (to Metropolitan Avenue);
– Knickerbocker Avenue-at B54 bus stops on Myrtle Avenue at Knickerbocker Avenue;
– Central Avenue-on Myrtle Avenue at Cedar Street (to Myrtle Avenue Broadway) or the B54 bus stop on Myrtle Avenue at DeKalb Avenue (to Metropolitan Avenue); and
– Myrtle Avenue-Broadway-at the B46 bus stop on Broadway at Myrtle Avenue.
Weekend J Trains In Qns. Shut 4 Weekends
J train service will be suspended between Crescent Street and Jamaica Center this weekend, from 6 a.m. Saturday, July 7 until 10 p.m. Sunday, July 8. This service change will also be in effect the following three weekends, July 14-15, July 21-22 and July 28-29.
J trains will operate between Crescent Street in Brooklyn and Chambers Street in Manhattan.
Shuttle buses will replace J train service between Crescent Street and 121st Street and stop near all stations. These buses will additionally stop at the Jamaica-Van Wyck subway station for connections to E train service.
The shuttle buses will stop near these stations as follows:
– Crescent Street-on Fulton Street at Crescent Street;
– Cypress Hills-at the B13 bus stop on Jamaica Avenue at Hemlock Street (to Jamaica-Van Wyck) or on Crescent Street at Jamaica Avenue (to Crescent Street station);
– 75th Street-Elderts Lane-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 75th Street (to Jamaica-Van Wyck) or at Dexter Court (to Crescent Street);
– 85th Street-Forest Parkway-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 85th Street (to Jamaica-Van Wyck) or at 86th Street (to Crescent Street);
– Woodhaven Boulevard-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at Woodhaven Boulevard;
– 104th Street-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 104th Street;
– 111th Street-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 111th Street;
– 121st Street-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 121st Street; and
– Jamaica-Van Wyck-on the Van Wyck Expressway service road at 89th Avenue.
Additional Subway Changes
The MTA has scheduled a number of service changes for several subway lines throughout the city due to construction work.
These service advisories are current as of Tuesday, July 3. Last minute changes to service and operating schedules may be made due to weather-related conditions or emergency repairs. Check www.mta.info for schedule changes.
Rail lines which run through the area that will be affected include the following:
‘Fastrack’ Work Will Impact Qns. Service
The MTA’s Fastrack maintenance program scheduled to take place on the A, C and E lines in Manhattan on Monday, July 9, through Friday, July 13, from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. will affect service on the E and M lines in Queens.
A trains will operate local service between 207th Street and Lefferts Boulevard or Far Rockaway via the D line between 59th Street-Columbus Circle and 34th Street-Herald Square and the F line between 34th Street- Herald Square and Jay Street- MetroTech. There is no C train service during the Fastrack disruption.
E trains will operate on the M line between Fifth Avenue-53rd Street and 47th-50th Streets and on the F line between 47th-50th Streets and Second Avenue, which will serve as the last stop.
Because of these changes, service on the M line between Myrtle Avenue- Broadway and 71st-Continental Avenues will end early on Monday through Thursday, July 9-12. M trains will continue to operate between Metropolitan Avenue and Myrtle Avenue- Broadway.
The last Forest Hills-bound M train will depart from the Myrtle Avenue-Broadway station at 9:52 p.m., and the last Middle Villagebound M train will depart 71st-Continental Avenues at 9:33 p.m.
During this period, E trains will make all M train stops between 71st- Continental Avenues and Broadway- Lafayette Street.
Riders can transfer between the E and F trains at Broadway-Lafayette Street, between the F and J trains at Delancey-Essex Streets and between the J and M trains and Myrtle Avenue- Broadway.
Skipped Service On 7 Trains To Flushing
Flushing-bound 7 trains will skip the 33rd Street, 40th Street, 46th Street, 52nd Street and 69th Street stations on weekdays, Monday through Friday, from 10:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. through Friday, Aug. 3.
For service to these stations, take the 7 train to Woodside-61st Street or 74th Street, then transfer to a Manhattan bound 7 train. For service from these stations, take the 7 train to Woodside-61st Street or Queensboro Plaza, then transfer to a Flushingbound 7 train.
Weekend Local Svc. Only On The E Train
E trains will operate local service in both directions between Roosevelt Avenue and Queens Plaza all day on Saturday and Sunday, July 7-8. This service change will also be in effect the following weekend, July 14-15.
These trains will stop at 65th Street, Northern Boulevard, 46th Street, Steinway Street and 36th Street. Riders are advised to allow for additional travel time.
Local Service, Line Changes For F Trains
F trains will operate local service in both directions between 21st Street-Queensbridge and Roosevelt Avenue this weekend, from 12:01 a.m. Saturday, July 7, until 5 a.m. Monday, July 9; and late nights on Tuesday, July 10, through Friday, July 13, from 12:30 until 5 a.m. These trains will stop at 36th Street, Steinway Street, 46th Street, Northern Boulevard and 65th Street.
Riders are advised to allow for additional travel time.
Additionally, Jamaica-bound F trains will run on the M line between 47th-50th Streets and Roosevelt Avenue on Friday, July 6, from 12:01 until 5 a.m. These trains will not stop at the Roosevelt Island and 21st Street-Queensbridge stations.
For service to those stations, take the F train to Roosevelt Avenue, then transfer to a Manhattan-bound F train. For service from these stations, take the F train to 47th-50th Streets, then transfer to a Jamaica-bound F train.
Furthermore, Manhattan-bound F trains will run local service between Roosevelt Avenue and 21st Street- Queensbridge on Friday, July 6, from 12:30 until 5 a.m. These trains will stop at the 65th Street, Northern Boulevard, 46th Street, Steinway Street and 36th Street stations.
Riders are advised to allow for additional travel time.
For a complete list of service changes and last-minute updates, visit the MTA’s website at www.mta.info or call 511.