a Bloody End to Beef at Bar

Arrests Made In Fatal Corona Assault

Three men were busted by police for allegedly participating in the deadly stabbing of a 23-year-old man during a brawl outside a Corona nightclub early on Sunday morning, July 29, law enforcement sources said.

They were identified by police as 27-year-old Jesus Astimbay of 58th Street in Woodside, 26-year-old Juan Guanaquesa of Northern Boulevard in Corona and 17-year-old John Espinoza of 10th Street in the Queensbridge section of Long Island City.

Reportedly, the assault erupted during an apparent dispute among a group of individuals at around 4:25 a.m. outside the Manila bar and lounge located at 104-21 Roosevelt Ave.

According to information proby vided by the Queens District Attorney’s office, Astimbay allegedly struck a 23-year-old man about the body with a sharp object, causing two puncture wounds to the victim’s chest.

Police said Astimbay and his alleged accomplices Guanaquesa and Espinoza also assaulted and stabbed a second male, causing stab wounds to his abdomen and back.

Members of the 115th Precinct and EMS units responded to the scene. The 23-year-old male victim, whose identity was not disclosed by police, was transported by paramedics to a local hospital, where he later died.

The second victim was also hospitalized for treatment of injuries that requred three stitches to the abdomen and four stitches to the back.

During their investigation, police recovered a knife allegedly used in the attack and dropped by Espinoza behind a potted plant at the scene.

Following an investigation by the 115th Precinct Detective Squad, Astimbay, Guanaquesa and Espinoza were tracked down and charged follarceny, lowing questioning.

Astimbay was booked on counts of first-degree manslaughter, gang assault, two counts of second-degree assault and criminal possession of a weapon; Guanaquesa and Espinoza were each charged with second-degree assault, gang assault criminal possession of a weapon.

The three suspects were arraigned in Queens Criminal Court on Monday, July 30, before Judge Michael Yavinsky. Astimbay was ordered held on $500,000 bail, while the bail for Espinoza and Guanaquesa was set at $75,000 and $50,000, respectively. They are scheduled to return to court on Aug. 13.

More from Around New York