Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Station Project Shuts Weekend M Shuttle
Weekend M train shuttle service between Metropolitan Avenue-Middle Village and Myrtle Avenue-Broadway is scheduled to be suspended this weekend, from 12:01 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 22 until 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 24, due to construction work related to the MTA station renewal project. Free shuttle buses will provide alternate service and make all stops.
Riders can transfer between the shuttle bus and the L train at Myrtle- Wyckoff Avenues and the J train at Myrtle Avenue-Broadway.
The shuttle buses will stop at the M train stations as follows:
– Metropolitan Avenue-at the Q54 bus stop on Metropolitan Avenue at Rentar Plaza;
– Fresh Pond Road-at the B20 bus stop on Putnam Avenue at Fresh Pond Road (to Myrtle Avenue-Broadway) or the Q58 bus stop on Fresh Pond Road at Putnam Avenue (to Metropolitan Avenue);
– Forest Avenue-at the B20 bus stop on Putnam Avenue at Fairview Avenue (to Myrtle Avenue-Broadway) or the Q58 bus stop on Fairview Avenue at Putnam Avenue (to Metropolitan Avenue);
– Seneca Avenue-at B38 bus stops on Seneca Avenue at Palmetto Street;
– Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues-at the B13 bus stop on Gates Avenue at Wyckoff Avenue (to Myrtle Avenue- Broadway) or the Q58 bus stop on Palmetto Street and Myrtle Avenue (to Metropolitan Avenue);
– Knickerbocker Avenue (closed at all times through 2013)-at B54 bus stops on Myrtle Avenue at Knickerbocker Avenue;
– Central Avenue-on Myrtle Avenue at Cedar Street (to Myrtle Avenue Broadway) or the B54 bus stop on Myrtle Avenue at DeKalb Avenue (to Metropolitan Avenue); and
– Myrtle Avenue-Broadway-at the B46 bus stop on Broadway at Myrtle Avenue.
Visit www.mta.info to check for any last-minute changes.
Weekend J Trains Closed This Weekend
J train service is scheduled to be suspended between Crescent Street and Jamaica Center this weekend from 4 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, until 10 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 23. This service change will also be in effect the following weekend, Sept. 29-30.
During these periods, J trains will continue to operate between Crescent Street and Chambers Street in Manhattan.
Shuttle buses will provide alternate service to the J train between Crescent Street and 121st Street and will connect to the Jamaica-Van Wyck station for E train service to Jamaica Center.
The shuttle buses will stop at J train stations as follows:
– Crescent Street-on Fulton Street at Crescent Street;
– Cypress Hills-at the B13 bus stop on Jamaica Avenue at Hemlock Street (to Jamaica-Van Wyck) or on Crescent Street at Jamaica Avenue (to Crescent Street station);
– 75th Street-Elderts Lane-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 75th Street (to Jamaica-Van Wyck) or Dexter Court (to Crescent Street);
– 85th Street-Forest Parkway-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 85th Street (to Jamaica-Van Wyck) or at 86th Street (to Crescent Street);
– Woodhaven Boulevard-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at Woodhaven Boulevard;
– 104th Street-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 104th Street;
– 111th Street-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 111th Street;
– 121st Street-at Q56 bus stops on Jamaica Avenue at 121st Street; and
– Jamaica-Van Wyck-on the Van Wyck Expressway service road at 89th Avenue.
Visit www.mta.info to check for any last-minute changes.
The MTA has scheduled a number of service changes for several subway lines throughout the city due to construction work.
These service advisories are current as of Wednesday, Sept. 19. Last minute changes to service and operating schedules may be made due to weather-related conditions or emergency repairs. Check www.mta.info for schedule changes.
Rail lines which run through the area that will be affected include the following:
‘Fastrack’ Fix Affects F, M Service In Qns.
The MTA’s “Fastrack” maintenance program will result in the shutdown of the B, D, F and M service in Manhattan during late nights on Monday, Sept. 24, through Friday, Sept. 28, from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. and also cause service disruptions on the F and M lines in Queens.
M train service between 71st-Continental Avenues and Myrtle Avenue- Broadway will end early on late nights Monday through Thursday. The last Forest Hills-bound M train will depart Myrtle Avenue-Broadway at 9:52 p.m., and the last Middle Villagebound M train will depart 71st-Continental Avenues at 9:33 p.m.
In its place, the E train will operate local service between 71st-Continental Avenues and Queens Plaza until midnight.
Additionally, F trains will run on the F line between Roosevelt Avenue and West Fourth Street during the Fastrack period. As a result, there will be no F train service to the 21st Street- Queensbridge or Roosevelt Island stations.
Instead, the Q train will be extended from its 57th Street terminus to the 21st Street-Queensbridge station late nights on Monday through Friday from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m.
During the service change, there will be no B, D, F or M service available at the 14th Street, 23rd Street, 34th Street-Herald Square, 42nd Street-Bryant Park, 47th-50th Streets and 57th Street stations.
Split Service On L Line This Wed.
L train service will operate in two sections-between Eighth Avenue and Broadway Junction and between Broadway Junction and Rockaway Parkway-on Wednesday, Sept. 29, from 10:15 a.m. until 3:05 p.m. Riders can transfer between L trains at Broadway Junction to continue their trip.
As a result of this change, L trains running between Broadway Junction and Rockaway Parkway will operate every 24 minutes. Riders are advised to plan their trips accordingly.
Late Night Shutdown On Part Of G Line
G train service will be suspended between Court Square-23rd Street and Nassau Avenue late nights on Thursday, Sept. 20 and Friday, Sept. 21, from 11:30 p.m. until 5 a.m.
Shuttle buses will provide alternate service to stations affected by this service change. G trains will operate normally between Nassau Avenue and Church Avenue.
The shuttle buses will stop at the G train stations as follows:
– Court Square-23rd Street-at B62 bus stops on Jackson Avenue at 45th Avenue or 23rd Street;
– 21st Street-on Jackson Avenue at 47th Avenue (to Nassau Avenue) or the B62 bus stop on Jackson Avenue at 21st Street (to Court Square);
– Greenpoint Avenue-at the B24 bus stop on Manhattan Avenue at Greenpoint Avenue (to Nassau Avenue) or the B43 bus stop on Greenpoint Avenue at Leonard Street (to Court Square); and
– Nassau Avenue-at the B43 bus stop on Bedford Avenue at Manhattan Avenue.
Overnight Express On E Line In Queens
Manhattan-bound E trains will run express service between 71st-Continental Avenues and Roosevelt Avenue late night on Friday, Sept. 21, from 12:01 until 5 a.m.
For service to the 67th Avenue, 63rd Drive, Woodhaven Boulevard, Grand Avenue and Elmhurst Avenue stations, take the E train to Roosevelt Avenue, then transfer to a Jamaica Center-bound E train. For service from these stations, take the E train to 71st-Continental Avenues, then transfer to a Manhattan-bound E train.
N Trains Skip Stops In Astoria Weekdays
Manhattan-bound N trains will skip the 30th Avenue, Broadway, 36th Avenue and 39th Avenue stations on Thursday, Sept. 20, from 10:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. During this period, there will be no Q train service between 57th Street-Seventh Avenue and Ditmars Boulevard.
For service to the skipped stations, take the N train to Queensboro Plaza, then transfer to an Astoria-bound N train. For service from these stations, take the N train to Astoria Boulevard, then transfer to a Manhattan-bound N
For a complete list of service changes and last-minute updates, visit the MTA’s website at www.mta.info or call 511.