Say R’wood Man Choked Mate

Busted After Glendale Car Accident

Suspected of assaulting and robbing his gal pal at their Ridgewood home hours earlier, a 45-year-old man was found by police after he allegedly crashed the car he stole from her into a fence in Glendale last Tuesday morning, Jan. 8, law enforcement sources said.

The suspect was identified by police as Eric Kardelky, 45, of Palmetto Street.

Law enforcement sources said the trouble began at around 11:30 p.m. the previous evening, Monday, Jan. 7, at the home he and his mate shared on Palmetto Street between Forest Avenue and 60th Place.

According to information provided by the Queens District Attorney’s office, Kardelky allegedly confronted the female victim, choked her with his hands and then pushed her away.

Following the assault, authorities noted, the suspect allegedly removed her laptop computer and the keys to her sedan from her pocketbook, then exited the home. Kardelky reportedly entered his mate’s vehicle and sped away from the location.

The theft was reported to the 104th Precinct; the female victim suffered minor injuries.

Officers from the precinct found Kardelky and the stolen vehicle at around 1:30 a.m. last Tuesday after the car crashed into a fence at a location on Cooper Avenue near 80th Avenue. Reportedly, the officers observed that the car sustained front end damage and had its airbags deployed.

Kardelky was found by police lying on the ground with blood on his face, according to the criminal complaint.

Following an investigation, Kardelky was taken into custody by P.O. Dewan Campbell of the 104th Precinct and charged with secondand third-degree robbery, criminal mischief, criminal obstruction of breathing and unauthorized use of a vehicle.

Reportedly, he was additionally charged the following day, Wednesday, Jan. 9, with third-degree assault, criminal mischief an harassment allegedly assaulting the victim during an incident that took place on June 10, 2012.

According to court records, Kardelky was arraigned in Queens Criminal Court last Friday, Jan. 11, and ordered held on $5,000 bail. He is scheduled to return to court on Jan. 25.

More from Around New York