New York City Department Of Transportation
Alternate side parking rules will be suspended on Tuesday, Nov. 11, in observance of Veterans Day. Meter regulations, however, will remain in effect citywide.
* * *
Because of ongoing construction work at several locations throughout Queens and Brooklyn, the city DOT has announced numerous street closures in local neighborhoods for the upcoming week.
The announced diversions are current as of Wednesday, Nov. 5, and weather permitting. The DOT may shut down other roads should the need for emergency repairs arise.
Streets and highways that are affected by closures during this week include the following:
More Sat. Closures For Grand St. Br.
The Grand Street Bridge over the Newtown Creek will be closed the next two Saturdays-Nov. 8 and 15-from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. for deck grating repairs. Drivers are advised to use Flushing and Metropolitan avenues as alternate routes while traveling between East Williamsburg and Maspeth.
Street Resurfacing In Maspeth, Midville
Weather permitting, DOT crews will perform street resurfacing work on the following streets:
– 60th Place between 75th and St. Felix avenues in Glendale for paving on Thursday, Nov. 6;
– 60th Street between St. Felix and Cooper avenues in Glendale for paving on Thursday, Nov. 6;
– 61st Street between Myrtle and St. Felix avenues in Glendale for paving on Friday, Nov. 7;
– 64th Street between Eliot and Metropolitan avenues in Middle Village for paving on Friday, Nov. 7;
– 78th Avenue between Cypress Avenue and 60th Lane in Glendale for paving on Friday, Nov. 7;
– 84th Street between 58th and Eliot avenues in Middle Village for paving on Thursday, Nov. 6; and
– Caldwell Avenue between 74th and 80th streets in Middle Village for paving on Thursday, Nov. 6.
Lane Closures On
Van Wyck Expwy.
One of three lanes in each direction of the Van Wyck Expressway between Jewel Avenue and Union Turnpike may be closed on Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. due to construction work related to the Kew Gardens rehabilitation project.
Additionally, up to two lanes in either direction of the expressway in the same section may be closed on overnights from 1 to 5 a.m.
Kew Gdns. Project Affects Union Tpke.
Long-term construction related to the state Department of Transportation’s Kew Gardens Interchange project will require the right lane of Union Turnpike eastbound to be closed at all times between 128th and 134th streets. All existing traffic lanes will remain open and are shifted to the left.
Sewer Work Leads To Pkwy. Closures
One of three lanes of the Belt Parkway between Cross Bay Boulevard and 194th Street in either direction may be closed on weekdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and weeknights 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Additionally, two of three lanes in either direction may be closed in this segment on early weekday mornings from 1 to 5 a.m.
The closures are required to allow for sewer reconstruction, which is expected to continue through July 2016.
Furthermore, one of two lanes of the Nassau Expressway exit ramp to the eastbound Belt Parkway between 115th and 128th streets will be closed until further notice.
* * *
For additional closures, visit the city DOT’s website at www.nyc.gov/dot or call 311.