A 34-year-old woman died over the weekend after a butt injection procedure went wrong in a Far Rockaway basement apartment, according to published reports.
The woman, who was identified in reports as Kelly Mayhew of Maryland, was found unconscious and unresponsive at a residence on Dickens Street at about 5:46 p.m. on Saturday, police said.
She was taken to St. John’s Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
According to published reports, Mayhew and her mother went to the home’s basement apartment to receive butt injections from an unlicensed technician. Mayhew then had an apparent allergic reaction and became unconscious.
As the victim’s mother called 911, the technician, who allegedly rented the site and had women coming day and night, reportedly ran off in a gray SUV and is still at large.
Authorities also reportedly recovered needles filled with a substance believed to be silicone and tests are being conducted to determine the content of the needles.