By George Silberman
An open letter to Attorney General Eric Schneiderman:
I attach a letter from my condo board (informing condo owners at the Baybridge Condominiums of assessments they must pay to fund repairs).
Please note the following:
• There has been no election or meeting of the condo board since 2005:
• We do not even have the names of the members of the board;
• Written inquiries to the board are never answered;
• The attorney of the condo has stated that he is the attorney for the board and that individual homeowners have no right to send him inquiries;
• The attorney has stated that homeowners may not look at the books and the board has no legal requirement to answer inquiries;
• The board in the past has misappropriated funds, spent our money on lavish dinners and Christmas parties and never told us of this;
• We should have a right to know what the board intends to do with roughly $500,000 in special assessments and who the members of the board are, given their dubious past history.