From the sudden closure of a beloved bar to a daytime gunpoint robbery of a Ridgewood barbershop, this week in Queens has been an interesting one.
This week marked the last for the beloved New Traditions Bar, which infamously served underage college kids as well as for a man who was arrested for throwing impromptu parties out of his van, which he outfitted with 80 speakers worth $20,000.
We also profiled a Whitestone couple that honored the victims of the Orlando shooting with a beautiful lawn memorial comprised of 49 rainbow flags for each victim. QNS broke down the top 50 cheap or free summer events going on in Queens and the story of an Astoria woman who works as a professional cuddler.
Check out the top 10 stories in Queens this week:
- The infamous New Traditions Bar in Jamaica Hills had its license suspended by the State Liquor Authority after continuously serving underage college students.
- Police are searching for a pair of armed bandits who swiped cash from one man on a South Ozone Park street, then grabbed a necklace off another man while fleeing the scene, last week.
- The NYPD is looking for three men who robbed a man at gunpoint inside a barbershop in Ridgewood last week.
- We rounded up the best cheap or free events going on in Queens this summer.
- A Whitestone couple purchased 49 rainbow flags and displayed them on their lawn to honor the victims of the Orlando shooting.
- This creep entered a Corona laundromat, placed his hand on a woman’s buttocks and masturbated before fleeing the store and doing it again a few blocks away.
- A huge two-story expansion has been added on top of a home on Cornelia Street near the Bushwick/Ridgewood border, and some residents are concerned that more of the same could be coming across to the Queens side.
- Police raided a narcotics processing center hidden inside a smoke shop near the Ridgewood/Bushwick border in Brooklyn on Thursday morning, seizing large quantities of heroin and cocaine.
- For $80 an hour, Astoria resident Brianna Quijada will provide you with a professional cuddle session at a studio, hotel room or your own home.
- A man who has been using a van outfitted with approximately 80 speakers to blare loud music and host impromptu parties near Willets Point in Queens was arrested on Saturday.