BY THE BROWNSTONER STAFF
With nearly 60 new residential buildings and 10,000 units added to the neighborhood in the last decade, Long Island City has been one of the busiest development sites in the country.
And it shows no signs of waning. This weekend, a handful of homes and rentals will be available for viewing at the first-ever SpacesOpen event.
Sponsored by Modern Spaces (the tour also includes a building in Flushing and one in Rego Park), the event is the equivalent of a real-estate bar crawl. Within a few blocks of each other, model apartments will be on display, with custom artwork, features and finishes. Refreshments and light bites will be served.
Buildings with homes for sale include:
- The Harrison: 27-21 44th Drive in LIC. One- to three-bedrooms starting from $855,000
- The Jackson: 13-33 Jackson Avenue in LIC. One- to four-bedrooms starting from $865,000
- The Decker: 21-10 44th Drive in LIC. One- to three-bedrooms starting from $780,000
- LIV@ Murray Park South: 11-30 45th Road in LIC. Studio to three-bedrooms starting from $520,000
- The Grand at Skyview Parc Towers: 131-01/131-03 40th Road in Flushing. One- to four-bedrooms starting from $729,000.
Buildings with rental units include:
- The Baker House: 41-07 Crescent Street in LIC. Studio to one-bedrooms starting from $2,275
- The Drake: 62-60 99th Street in Rego Park. One- to four-bedrooms starting from $2,300
- Huis24: 41-22 24th Street in LIC. Studio to two-bedrooms starting from $2,250.
The event takes place this Saturday, September 23 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
No RSVP required. Modern Spaces brokers will be on site to answer any questions. Ask them about their upcoming projects.