Two male suspects involved in the mugging of a 13-year-old boy in Ridgewood earlier this month remain at large, according to police.
Cops arrested two other perpetrators who took part in the robbery and beatdown that occurred at 12:30 a.m. on Jan. 3 in the area of 60th Place and Woodbine Street.
Cops said the arrested alleged attackers were 17-year-old Abner Larios of Willoughby Avenue in Brooklyn, and a 13-year-old male whose identity was withheld due to his age. Both were charged with robbery and assault.
According to the criminal complaint that the Queens District Attorney’s office provided, Larios, the 13-year-old defendant and the two remaining suspects allegedly chased the 13-year-old victim after demanding money and tripped him from behind.
The victim told police that he hit the ground face first, causing pain and lacerations near his left eye, the complaint said.
While he was on the ground, according to authorities, one of the four suspects reached into the victim’s pocket and took his wallet, but it was returned to him. The alleged attackers demanded money, and continued to assault him by punching him in the face before fleeing on foot with the teenage victim’s backpack.
According to the courts, the juvenile suspect who was arrested following the incident directed cops from the 104th Precinct to a location on Madison Street, where the victim’s backpack was left on the sidewalk.
Larios was taken into custody on the same day as the incident and is being held on $15,000 bond, according to court records.
Meanwhile, the 104th Precinct tweeted out an image of the group on Jan. 8 hoping that the public will help them find the two suspects still at large. Anyone with information regarding the case can call the 104th Precinct Detective Squad at 718-386-2723; all calls are kept confidential.