DOT To Repave Streets In CB 9
Many roadways in Kew Gardens, Ozone Park, Richmond Hill and Woodhaven are set to receive a smoother ride through street resurfacing work to be conducted by the city’s Department of Transportation (DOT) in the coming weeks, it was announced.
The Times Newsweekly received a list of the streets in the four neighborhoods within Community Board 9’s confines which will be repaved beginning later this month.
Notices regarding the work schedule and parking restrictions will be posted along streets prior to the start of resurfacing, it was noted. All work is weather permitting; check the DOT’s website, www.nyc.gov/dot, for a weekly resurfacing schedule.
The roads which are scheduled to be resurfaced, as broken down by neighborhood include the following:
– 134th Street between 86th Road and 87th Avenue;
– 135th Street between 86th Road and Hillside Avenue;
– 136th Street between Hillside Avenue and Kew Gardens Road; and
– Austin Street between Union Turnpike and 80th Road.
– 80th Street between 101st and Liberty avenues;
– 84th Street between 91st Avenue and Rockaway Boulevard;
– 93rd Street between Atlantic Avenue and Rockaway Boulevard;
– 95th Avenue between Rockaway and Woodhaven boulevards;
– 101st Avenue between 75th Street and Woodhaven Boulevard;
– 102nd Road between 84th Street and Rockaway Boulevard;
– 103rd Avenue between Liberty Avenue and Woodhaven Boulevard;
– 103rd Street between 95th and 101st avenues; and
– Woodhaven Boulevard’s southbound service road between Atlantic and 97th avenues.
– 94th Avenue between 124th and 125th streets;
– 106th Street between Park Lane South and Jamaica Avenue;
– 125th Street between Atlantic and 101st avenues; and
– 130th Street between Jamaica and 92nd avenues.
– 85th Street between Jamaica and Atlantic avenues; and
– 96th Street between Jamaica and Atlantic avenues;
Any vehicle found to be parked on the roadway during the scheduled hours of restriction can and will be towed away at the owner’s expense.
Additionally, only sections of these roads will be closed to vehicular during resurfacing activities; all other portions will remain open.
For more information, call 311.