Laundry Room Catches Fire In F. Hills – QNS.com

Laundry Room Catches Fire In F. Hills

No residents were injured after a fire ignited inside a laundry room in the basement of a Forest Hills home last Thursday afternoon, Mar. 28, it was reported. According to FDNY sources, the one-alarm blaze broke out at around 1:45 p.m. at a home on Union Turnpike between Kessel Street and Greenway South. Among the units that responded to the scene (listed in the order of arrival) were Engine companies 305, 294 and 293; Ladder companies 151, 142 and 125; Squad companies 270 and 288; Rescue 4; the 112th Precinct and EMS units. Firefighters reportedly brought the blaze under control at around 2:15 p.m.

More from Around New York