By Philip Newman
On four consecutive nights starting Monday, N, Q and R subway trains will not stop at Manhattan stations so the MTA can perform its Fastrack maintenance.
The work will start early Nov. 17 and end early Friday morning, Nov 21.
The MTA introduced Fastrack in January 2012, devoting four straight weekend nights to performing maintenance work in tunnels, stations and on tracks completely suspending service within a given subway line between 10 p.m, and and 5 a.m.
During the maintenance N trains will run in Queens and Brooklyn only, Q trains will be rerouted via the 6th Ave. D line in Manhattan to and from the 57th Street F stations and R service will end early in Manhattan and Queens each night.
The MTA offers these travel alternatives:
1. Use nearby stations on the 8th Ave. A and E, 7th Ave. 1/2, Sixth Ave. D and F and Lexington Ave. 4/6 lines instead.
2. Take the 7 for service between Queens and Manhattan.
3. Make key transfers between trains at Queensboro Plaza 7 N, 5th Avenue/42nd St-Bryant Park 7 DFMQ, Jay St.-MetroTech AFN and Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center 24 DNQ.
4. N trains make local R stops between Court St.and 59th St., Brooklyn.
NQR trains will operate as follows:
1. Between Ditmars Blvd. and Queensboro Plaza.
2. Between Coney Island-Stillwell Ave and Court St. R station.
Q trains rerouted via D line in Manhattan as follows:
After DeKalb Ave., Q trains run via D to 47th-50th Sts., then to the 57th St. F station, the last stop.
Regular Coney Island-bound Q service resumes at DeKalb Avenue.
R train service ends early in Manhattan and Queens as follows:
1. The last R train in Bay Ridge-95th St.leaves Forest Hills 71st Ave. about 9:15 p.m.
2. The last R train to Forest Hills-71st Ave. leaves Bay Ridge–95th St. about 9:20 p.m.
3. In Brooklyn R shuttle service between 36th St. and Bay Ridge-95th St. starts early.